Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Dec 2011 at 8:53 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default My dates keep randomly ending...it might be due to my home business
I have recently opened a home business, and now suddenly any dates they have end suddenly, which sucks because Chloe Singles LTW is to have 20 loves at once and she wants to have dates all the time!

Is there anything I can do to stop this happening?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 30th Dec 2011 at 9:13 PM
I just invited him over (not a date) he walked up to the business sign and then left! What's going on?
Test Subject
#3 Old 30th Dec 2011 at 9:28 PM
I don't know, it never happened to me and I had OFB&NL. Does this happen with sims that have no home business?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Dec 2011 at 9:58 PM
Nope, and I have deleted the home business now and it's fine. I had one of those electo-ticket things (it was a music venue), which was I think the problem. It doesn't happen with shops.
Site Helper
#5 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 12:57 PM
Yes, that's the way the ticket machine works. Any visitor to the lot is called over to buy a ticket. If they decide it's not worth the price or they don't have the money, they leave. The best thing to do if you don't want your dates paying for the privilege of going out with you is to close the business (turn off the machine) before they arrive. But visitors do become loyal customers if they buy that first ticket. And if you date a loyal customer, they are less likely to go home as quickly and it builds their loyalty rating as the date meter rises, which raises the business level and the likelihood that they will decide that the price they are paying is worth it.

(I had one guy with a level 10 home business who was able to get away with charging his dates 50 simoleons an hour. )

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Site Helper
#6 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 4:59 PM
Another alternative is to give your visitor free access. I don't remember the exact message, but it's an option on the ticket machine.
Site Helper
#7 Old 1st Jan 2012 at 3:11 PM
Yes, but then you can't take away the free access when it's over. Free Access is mostly good for off-lot family members, or inviting a servo over and keeping it on the lot without having to worry as much about maintaining it. (Or any other similar "free employee")

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook