Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#26 Old 22nd Apr 2007 at 10:54 PM
Aww, this is so sweet! I like it.
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 22nd Apr 2007 at 10:59 PM
Great news about Matthew getting a job Such a sweet update too :valentine

Auroraspirit :angel:
Instructor
#28 Old 23rd Apr 2007 at 12:04 PM
Aww, this is such a sweet story! I love it!

Feel free to call me Squash

retired moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 23rd Apr 2007 at 10:51 PM
Default Chapter 3
SIX WEEKS LATER...

“It was excellent doing business with you, Mr. Bloom. Please don’t hesitate to call me on my cell phone if you ever find yourself in need of legal help again. I’d love to have another opportunity to successfully represent you and your company.”

Matthew chuckled into the phone, said goodbye to his latest client and proceeded to get the rest of his business in order before he headed out for lunch. Business was booming for Matthew; he had recently been appointed partner to Mr. Gold himself and was making about 5 times the amount of money he was making when he started the job not six weeks ago.

Everything was happening so fast, and Matthew was feeling as though he was on top of the world. He hadn’t been this happy in a long time. The phone rang suddenly, and Matthew snatched it up worried that it was an important client. You can’t leave your clients waiting!

“Gold and Doyle Law, Matthew Doyle speaking.”

“Hi sweetie!”

“Oh, hi Lauren.”

“Are you still coming? I’ve been waiting for like 20 minutes.”

“I was just about to leave, I had an appointment.”

“Ok, see you soon then.”

“Yep.”

“I love you.”

-CLICK-

Matthew hung up the phone before he could respond and headed out of his office to meet his wife for lunch. The couple tried to meet weekly for lunch so they could catch up on everything since Matthew was so busy now. The two barely had enough time to talk before they headed to bed at night, so this was a nice standing date they set up with each other.

“Hi you,” Lauren said with a smile.

“Hey,” Matthew responded with a little kiss. “I had a phone appointment with Daniel Bloom that I had to finish.”

“It’s ok,” Lauren responded with a smile.

“I wasn’t asking forgiveness,” Matthew snapped.

Lauren’s smile faded and was replaced with a slightly hurt expression. Matthew sighed and looked down at his menu. Lauren cleared her throat lightly and proceeded to decide what she wanted to order for lunch.

Their lunch hour ticked away slowly, and the two spoke only when necessary. Lauren was nervous about Matthew’s little outburst and wondered what it was that she did to make him so upset. Matthew insisted that nothing was wrong and excused himself from the table.

“I have to get back to the office. I have a 2 o’clock appointment,” Matthew told Lauren.

“Alright. Have a nice rest of your day,” Lauren offered kindly.

Matthew barely heard her as he turned around quickly and started back to the office. Lauren’s cheeks flushed and her vision became blurry as she fought to keep back the tears she didn’t know why were there.

Formerly known as boolPropped
#30 Old 23rd Apr 2007 at 10:58 PM
That's a sad update! I feel so sorry for Lauren... :err: But I'm wondering who that little kid is in the banner...Hmmm...
#31 Old 23rd Apr 2007 at 11:10 PM
thats so sad! its like 2 months and Matt is so busy and distant
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 2:45 AM
ahh.....dose of reality for Lauren.......who is soo beautiful by the way!
#33 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 5:16 AM
Oh no! What has happened to the happy couple?
Instructor
#34 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 11:51 AM
Aw That's really sad, poor Lauren... bah, Matthew is mean and getting too caught up in his work, methinks. Great update, though!
#35 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 6:42 PM
ahh wow i just came to check and 2 whole chapters, they are amazing i love your writing style i can't wait what happens to poor lauren, matthew is getting realy caught up with work.
Inventor
#36 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 6:45 PM
Aww, poor Lauren. I hope everything turns out alright.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#37 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 7:43 AM
Thank you for reading, everyone Stay tuned in for an update soon.

#38 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 4:19 PM
I wonder what's going on with Matthew? :confused: I hope it's nothing bad. Great update!
#39 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 4:19 PM
boolPropped,
you write a good story, I like it
Forum Resident
#40 Old 26th Apr 2007 at 4:07 AM
well dang it bP, you can just leave me hanging like that, what his deal? having an affair allready? I'd like to smack him a couple of times, 3 chapters and he's already reminding me why I decided NOT to get married to the last guy i was dating!

I'm an old simmer who just can't seem to quit...
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 27th Apr 2007 at 8:14 AM
Oh man, that Matthew is a bastard.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#42 Old 27th Apr 2007 at 9:57 PM
Default Chapter 4
Lauren sat quietly on the couch, staring into the darkness. Dinner had been ready for about 10 minutes with no sign of Matthew yet. She sighed to herself and got up to set the table – probably for one. Matthew had been coming home later and later every evening due to his steady increase of clients over the last two weeks.

“Hey,” Matthew said as he walked in the door, disrupting Lauren’s train of thought.

“Hi,” she answered quietly.

“My evening meeting ran late tonight. I hope you weren’t waiting too long,” Matthew offered as he threw his coat and tie onto the nearby chair.

“I just took it out,” Lauren explained about dinner.

“It smells good,” Matthew said.

“I visited Mrs. Plumb, and she gave me some fresh produce from her garden,” Lauren said quietly.

Matthew smiled slightly as he nodded and found a seat next to Lauren at their tiny dining table. They served themselves and ate together in silence.

“Matt?” Lauren cautiously asked.

“Yeah,” Matthew answered nonchalantly.

“Is everything ok? With us, I mean…” Lauren asked timidly.

“It’s fine,” Matthew answered, as if nothing was wrong.

Lauren looked at her plate and tried not to cry. She knew something was wrong with Matthew that he suddenly started acting this way. It was like he didn’t even care about her anymore.

“I just…” Lauren started.

“What do you think about moving into a bigger house?” Matthew interrupted her.

“What?” Lauren asked, quite stunned at the proposal.

“I’m making so much money now, we can afford to move into something a little nicer. I mean, look at this place! It’s a dump,” Matthew spat out.

Lauren felt the tears brimming at her eyes and tried not to break down too much. She had spent weeks trying to make their little house into a cozy home.

“What’s your problem, Lauren?” Matthew wanted to know when he saw her crying.

“I’ve spent weeks trying to make this our home, and all you can worry about is making more money or getting more clients!” Lauren screamed between sobs.

“You don’t want me to make money?!” Matthew couldn’t understand. “I’m taking care of myself and my family.”

“You’re a totally different person,” Lauren whispered to her husband as she wiped her eyes.

“I just want what we deserve,” Matthew told her.

“What we deserve or what you think YOU deserve,” Lauren snapped back.

Matthew’s jaw clenched as Lauren stormed away from the dining table, knocking over her chair in the process. Matthew sighed as Lauren slammed their bedroom door, and he finished his dinner alone.

#43 Old 27th Apr 2007 at 10:04 PM
Aww poor Lauren! I wonder why Matthew is acting like a jerk! *Gasp* Is he having an affair?! I bet he is. Ok, shutting up now. Great job as usual!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#44 Old 27th Apr 2007 at 10:11 PM
Thanks for giving feedback, stormy! I always appreciate it For right now, all Matthew is doing is staying busy with clients and feeling like the "big man" because he is making so much money now. Unfortunately, he is taking it out on Lauren who certainly doesnt deserve that type of treatment.

#45 Old 27th Apr 2007 at 10:27 PM
No prob! Oh, I see. Yes, well Lauren definitely does not deserve it! I'm excited to read more! You're such a great writer! :1st
Instructor
#46 Old 27th Apr 2007 at 10:43 PM
It seems people get so indulged in their own happiness that they totally forgot about the one's they love in Matthew's case, I think that's what he's doing. Assuming that Lauren wants all this money, when instead she would like him to work but also spend some quality time, I do hope Matthew comes to a realisation that what he is doing is bringing more harm than good.

Good updates

Auroraspirit :angel:
Inventor
#47 Old 27th Apr 2007 at 10:57 PM
Ugh! * Smacks Matthew in the back of the head* Stop caring so much about money and care more about your wife before you lose her, stupid simmy! I can see this as being the unfortunate time that Lauren might find out she's pregnant....
Instructor
#48 Old 28th Apr 2007 at 1:33 PM
Poor Lauren, she's so sweet. Matthew is... well, annoying, to say the least! Great update, I really wish they'd sort themselves out. They remind me a little of a couple from another story... oh yeah. Michael and Skylah from Simvalley Heights, by Starwyn. It's a really sad situation...
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 28th Apr 2007 at 9:33 PM
Ah! I don't know how I missed this. I'm so glad you're doing another story, keep up the awesome work!
#50 Old 28th Apr 2007 at 11:07 PM
bP this is such an emotional chapter, i love it well done (you deserve a cookie for your work) this story looks like it will be great can't wait for more!
Page 2 of 18