Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 1:05 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife
Default Error With Disco Lights
Hi, I recently played on a lot using the boolprop snapobjectstogrid false cheat, there is a particular set of disco lights that come with Nightlife, when in buy mode I placed the disco light in a smaller room than the disco light tiles space (I hope this makes sense) as I consequence when going back into play mode I received a small blue box stating that there is an error with the rotation of the disco lights, it asked me to cancel, delete, reset, the only option that works for me is deleting, it doesn't complete delete it from the game thankfully, but it doesn't matter if I re-enter back into buy mode and replace it down and then back into play mode the same error still appears.

I have saved the game sadly after the error appeared so I am wondering if this error will only affect this particular lot or will it sadly affect all lots in my neighbourhood, and if so, what can I do to resolve this problem please, I love those disco lights and I am not sure how I can resolve the problem.

Thankyou for your help

Auroraspirit :angel:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 1:36 PM
I think this is probably a problem with a conflict with another piece of custom content or a hack... to test this cut and paste your downloads folder to the desktop. If the lights work without error then you'll know that something in your Downloads folder is causing the problem:
http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=139702
If you weren't in debug mode you'd possibly find that the game would freeze.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 2:11 PM
Thankyou, I hope its just that lot that is affected.

Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 3:17 AM
I know its something with the actual lights and nothing to do with downloads, I only have 5 hacks total and its never been an issue for me and I know its the way that the lights have been placed down because of the tile space and sadly now the error won't go away regardless what lot I am in.

This is the logs information that I got from the Disco Lights.

Build: 1.2.0.312
at Aug 17 2005,17:31:32

Object id: 321
name: Lamp - Gobo Light 3 - 2, 2 - Lead
Stack size: 3
Error: Attribute number out of range.
Iterations: 1
Frame 2:
Stack Object id: 0
Node: 13
Tree: id 4096 name 'Function - Init' version 17
from Lamp_GoboLight3
Prim state: 0
Params: Locals: 1
Frame 1:
Node: 0
Tree: id -1 name 'No behavior' version 0
from
Prim state: 1
Params: Locals:
Frame 0:
Node: 0
Tree: id 4097 name 'Function - Main' version -32756
from Lamp_GoboLight3
Prim state: 0
Params: Locals:

Any ideas on what I can do, it reminds me of a similar issue that I had with custom content, but this is different sadly as this is Maxis objects and I don't know how to resolve it

Not sure if this helps, but I actually tested the disco lights in this room and as you can see the black outline of the light shows up after I deleted, it disappeared in other photos so I am not sure why it is doing that and there are no lights in the room what so ever.

I have been reading that you can delete the cache and the cigen icons from the sims2 folder, will this help my situation please? I already have a loading time of 15 minutes for the game so I am not sure how much more of a delay there will be if the icons reginerate themselves.

Let me know what other options that I can do if the cigen and/or cache icons.

Thankyou.

Scholar
#5 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 9:55 AM
Hacks are not the only custom content that can conflict.

"Even the computer industry failed to see the importance of the Internet, but that's not saying much. Let's face it, the computer industry failed to see that the century would end." - Douglas Adams
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 12:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I think this is probably a problem with a conflict with another piece of custom content or a hack... to test this cut and paste your downloads folder to the desktop. If the lights work without error then you'll know that something in your Downloads folder is causing the problem:
http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=139702
If you weren't in debug mode you'd possibly find that the game would freeze.

Did you try this?
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 12:54 PM
Yes I have thankyou SimSample, I cut and paste the folders and none of the files have caused the issue, just today I tested it out. I can't even use the disco lights without the boolprop cheat, the whole animation of the disco light is stuffed, it doesn't move nothing and all sims freeze on the lot until I delete it and even reseting it via boolprop cheat does nothing and I don't think there is a solution to fix it via SimPE, if there is, please someone inform me if this is so, I really want to get this problem resolved without having to uninstall and reinstall the game.

Thankyou.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 3:19 PM
Does it work if you cut and paste the entire sims2 folder from the documents folder to the desktop? If not, try reinstalling.
http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?p=1110082
http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=139059
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Aug 2006 at 8:12 AM
Thankyou Sample I hope it wasn't having to come to this LOL. I think I will live without the disco lights.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 6th Aug 2006 at 2:24 PM
Ah well, please let us know if you do ever fix this! Happy simming.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 6th Aug 2006 at 2:42 PM
I have also been having trouble with the disco lights. I tried removing my whole downloads folder and that didn't work. I think the problem started when I installed OFB. So I have been living without the disco lights as well. Hope there is a fix soon.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 10:14 AM
petallotus, have you tried patching the game?
Test Subject
#13 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 5:10 PM
UGH. Yearsss later and I'm having this problem as well! I wish there was a fix already!! All my new downtown lots I downloaded have these lights.. the "party" vibe is what those lights are for! Smh. I checked my downloads folder using Delphy's Download Organizer and all the hacks were in red so I removed them all, tried to load the lots again, and the same error happened. I recall this happening before on a different compute in the house. But now it's happening on my laptop. IS THERE NO CUUUURE? :'(
Mad Poster
#14 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 5:45 PM
With this thread being over 8 years old you would have been better off starting your own thread.

2 things come to mind, either the room is to small for the light or you did not patch your game.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158