Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 4:30 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Does Tricou Family Cause Corruption?
I noticed I am still getting at least a bit of the same problem I had before (see my thread from last night about the problems with phone/visitors/community lot population.) Since nobody was nice enough to try to help I removed everything and replaced with my last backup which was right after I installed NL. I noticed with Mootilda's neighborhood checker the only things listed as corrupt (and it couldn't fix) were all members of the "Tricou" family which I never created no played. With google I saw they appear in every neighborhood but have graves in the EAxis "Downtown." This sounds like a recipe for corruption if you use custom downtowns. So is this the problem? Can it be fixed? Do you have to include the EAxis downtown in every neighborhood or is there another solution?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 5:14 AM
No, the Tricous are a dead family, with all their character data, whose graves are Downtown in Gothier Green Lawns and the house next to it, Fallen Trees. As long as you don't delete those gravestones, they're fine; but they look messy in the hood checker, that's all. If you had University, you'd be able to resurrect them.

Note that there are six teen townies who are connected to John Smith Tricou and each other. They're the only townies in the game with family connections. So don't be scared if you run across one of them and see his family tree!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Banned
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 5:39 AM
But if you never add the EAxis downtown (as I didn't in the neighborhood described ) What happens then? IE if you add a custom downtown not including their graves (as you would obviously do if you don't upload that house and the EAxis downtown neighborhood to your neighborhood.) The google result said that family is in every neighborhood with a downtown (so if it's one not connected to the EAxis Downtown) and the corruption results were in a neighborhood where I never encountered or played them (or even heard of them until googling.)
Site Helper
#4 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 5:04 PM
One easy way to check. Open the neighborhood in SimPE and check to see if john smith, gvaudin, kiernan, etc. Tricou are listed in the default family with character data.

Then look for the Tricou teens and see if they are still related to any of the Tricou ghosts. (They never have the same names, but they do keep the same faces. http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Jon_Smit...27s_Descendants is a link to the pictures of all of them.) It should be fine if they are still related to each other, but if they are related to "no character data" sims there is a problem.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Banned
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 6:02 PM
I can't tell. I'm not technical enough to understand it. The relations thingie in SimPE is a bunch of letters and numbers that make no sense whatsoever to me. The neigborhood checker lists as possible corruption lots of different memories that say "sim does not exist" has memory of something involving a member of the Tricou family dying or whatever. There's also a relationship one that says neither sim exists.
Instructor
#6 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 6:34 PM Last edited by The SimWhisperer : 4th Oct 2012 at 8:11 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by MattShizzle
I can't tell. I'm not technical enough to understand it. The relations thingie in SimPE is a bunch of letters and numbers that make no sense whatsoever to me. The neigborhood checker lists as possible corruption lots of different memories that say "sim does not exist" has memory of something involving a member of the Tricou family dying or whatever. There's also a relationship one that says neither sim exists.

I've noticed with Sim PE, that when you go into Sim desciption- much easier by the way to look into characters, The Tricou family have no interests, or skills. Furthermore, the Townie teens, are still depicted as descendents, when playing a custom neighbourhood..

So, I don't know if the desceased are corrupted or not in a custom neighbourhood,
I too would be curious to what the actual answer is?

My mistake, the dead Tricou's do have interests, but still no skills.
Banned
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 7:21 PM
If they have relations with the dead family members and there's no grave (since the lots with their graves never existed in a neighborhood not using the EAxis Downtown), that would seem to be a problem. Maybe the solution is to always add that downtown or at least add those 2 lots to a package file and add them to every downtown? Or if there's a clean downtown template for custom downtowns to solve it? Because maybe if you had the custom one you wanted and the EAxis one there would then be 2 copies of that family. This definitely seems to be the problem as neighborhoods with no custom downtown aren't having the problem.
Site Helper
#8 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 8:27 PM
There might be a clean downtown template available, probably at MATY if not here.

Having had a neighborhood with 3 downtowns and still only 1 set of active Grand Vampires there is a (remote) possibility that the game will only add the Tricou teens once, but I wouldn't guarantee it. Just because I didn't really see duplicates doesn't mean they weren't there. I wasn't looking for them.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#9 Old 6th Oct 2012 at 4:41 AM
If you load two downtowns, the second one is empty.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#10 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 3:16 PM
Hiya. You can fix all the problems using SimPE as mentioned here:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=456523&c=1

I did 'remove' first, then I worked on what was left, one type of problem at a time, using the advice in the link above. If you break it down like that it becomes clearer. It's not as complicated as it reads.

I asked Mootilda anything I was stuck on. She's very kind and has helped me a lot with various things.

If I can do it, you can do it! I'm the least computer literate person ever!

Give it a go you'll be surprised how much you can learn! I never thought I'd be able to get my head round GIMP, but I have.