Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Aug 2012 at 10:05 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Open for Business, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default Salon Business can't give makeover
I have The Sims 2 expansion pack up to BON VOYAGE minus Night life.
My sims started a salon business with just one salon chair and cash register in the community lot. All my sims can do is only offer free makeover to customers. She already have bronze cosmeteology batch.

When I offer makeover to sims, the sims accepted it and 1 star appeared above their head, but just that, I can't make them to sit in the salon chair. Is this a glitch or what?

Anyone have same problem ? NEED HELP, please.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Aug 2012 at 1:03 PM
Have you set the price on the chair?

How sure are you that the sim has accepted the makeover? Is it possible that they're favorably impressed by the sales interaction and just haven't made up their minds yet? Is there a discontinuity in the animation, like the stylist going to the chair and then jumping away? Does the "do makeover" action sit in the queue stuck for a long time, or does it persistently vanish? What happens when you take a playable to the lot and ask to get a makeover? In my game, it can take quite a long time of standing around for the owner (having no employees) to get to the makeover, but it does eventually happen. Do other business-related interactions behave similarly, or is it just the chair?

Once you've made sure the price is set and tested it a couple of ways to confirm that the chair is malfunctioning, the first thing to do is to follow the FAQ - back up the neighborhood, dump caches, test, remove downloads folder, test, etc. If the FAQ doesn't clear it up, come back and tell us what you did and what happened with the tests.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)