Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 8:46 PM
Default Visiting Community Lots
OK, I have done search after search but I can't figure this out and can't find it. How do I get more than 1 but not everyone to visit a community lot. I only see the option for the one calling for a taxi and an option for everyone. What if I only want two or just a father and son? I tried to say everyone but then click and cancell everyone that I don't want to go but the taxi will just stay there until everyone goes. Please help. Thanks.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 12:45 AM
What EPs do you have? I've played with my highest EP Apartment Life for so long that I don't remember when it became possible to select a subset of people on the lot to go with you, but I know it's one of the obvious features that anyone with sense would have enabled from the beginning (by which I mean back in Sims1, where it was my pet peeve that no one could leave for Old Town unless everyone in the household could go) which only became available after the game had been out for awhile.

Check the Gameplay Guide for each EP and see if it tells you which one.

Agh! Sorry, you say right in your title you only have OFB. If no one has a mod for this (ask in WCIF), your only option will be to get the enabling EP.

I know, it's a stupid way to run a small business. "Sorry, son, I can't hire you to run the cash register because then your little sister wouldn't get her naptime..."

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Apr 2012 at 12:50 PM
I have the base game and OFB. I've tried to only have a subset of my family visit a lot but everything else works fine and I have no issue. This is the only one. Anyone have any ideas?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 2nd Apr 2012 at 2:22 PM Last edited by Peni Griffin : 3rd Apr 2012 at 10:47 PM.
OFB does not have that function. It is impossible to do it without the EP that enables the behavior.

At the moment I'm installing and testing each EP one at a time after a hard drive crash, and I've gotten as far as Pets without enabling the selection. I can come back here and tell you which one allows it when I get there, but it could take me awhile - I can't install the last two until we get a new DVD drive.

Or you can ask in the "Stupid/random questions" thread in the Popular Threads subforum of the main Sims2 Discussion forum, or poke around in the "Which EP should I buy?" sticky thread until you find somebody who says "I love EPX because FINALLY it's possible go to a community lot with only part of my family."

Once you find out, you can decide whether that function is worth the price of the EP to you.

ETA: Bon Voyage! It's Bon Voyage! I just had Trent Traveller click the lot across the street, and got the option to walk and a choice of people go go with - and high time, too! Waiting for that taxi to go across the street is so darned annoying!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)