Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 3:04 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Restaurant problem
I have a problem, bug wich is very annoying!
When I send my Sims to the restaurant, the waiters don't wash dishes after guests end with eating. It looks like this: Waiter pick up plate, but when other Sim want to order dinner, he just "cancel" the wash interaction, then puts dishes on the floor and take care of other Sims.
Did anyone else found this problem? Do you have any ideas on how to solve it?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 3:14 PM
It doesn't seem to be a problem here but a case of hierarchy or priority. How many guests you use to have in your restaurant, all ordering something?
Or do they never wash dishes and instead put them down for no reason? It seems to me that respond to the guests orders have priority over washing dishes. The only way to solve this is to increase the priority for washing dishes, but it could cause that the waiters don't respond to the guests orders properly (or immediately).
The only problem I had with a restaurant was that I had a lot of trouble to have my sim to order a dinner and after so much work, he stood up and abandoned all the interaction to greet a gypsy that rang at the door. It was my first motivation to eliminate all NPCs.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 4:00 PM
I think the restaurant hasn't got enought waiters, and lots of people wanted to order at the same time. I think I should add more podiums to create some more waiters - will this slove my problem? :p
Site Helper
#4 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 8:21 PM
More podiums just create more host/hostesses, not waiters. So you will have more people being seated and wanting to be served. You can enlarge the area where they are seated at the bar for their meals and see if that helps.

Edit: if the restaurant is owned, you can hire more waiters. They slow down when they start getting tired or bored so it's handy to be able to have enough extra to put one on break and have someone covering for them.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook