Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th May 2009 at 9:44 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time
Default I can't place objects!
This is the first time I have had this problem, or at least the first time I've noticed it:\

I keep trying to place objects in a certain area of a room on my residential lot, but it keeps saying "can't intersect other objects" but there is nothing there!? I have custom content but I have no problems with it, and what I'm trying to place is maxis items.

Can anyone help me out? This is driving me insane!

Thank you so much!
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th May 2009 at 9:51 PM
If it's only in a certain area, there might be a stuck invisible object in the way. Try nuking it with the Stuck Object remover: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,1609.0.html

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th May 2009 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
If it's only in a certain area, there might be a stuck invisible object in the way. Try nuking it with the Stuck Object remover: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,1609.0.html

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I really appreciate it!

How do invisable objects get there anyways???
Site Helper
#4 Old 13th May 2009 at 3:39 PM
The game gets confused and leaves them lying around when it should have cleaned up after itself.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th May 2009 at 9:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
The game gets confused and leaves them lying around when it should have cleaned up after itself.

Well that's a little weird lol At least that Stuck Object remover works like a charm or I would lose it!

Thank you!
Test Subject
#6 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 1:20 AM
A few days ago my game was updated. I installed some new CC and now when I try to place objects, ( Lights, Cooker Hood, lamps ect...) it won't let me place them. if I re install the game would this fix my problem? or is there any way I can bypass this problem without having to re install?
Undead Molten Llama
#7 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 2:20 AM
What do you mean "your game was updated?" Did you install something new? TS2 isn't being "updated" anymore, so....Are you posting in the right forum?

Anyway, assuming that you don't have invisible stuck objects, do you have moveobjects turned on? That will need to be turned on if you're trying to place two objects on the same tile.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 3:51 AM
Looking at their profile I would say they are posting on the wrong board.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Undead Molten Llama
#9 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 4:03 AM
Ah, I believe your are right, Jo!

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 4:20 AM
But come over to the dark side sims3grl63 we have brownies, very special brownies over here. Plus your game will never update on you again!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Undead Molten Llama
#11 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 5:04 AM
*plunks down tray of special brownies*

Very, very true! No game-breaking "updates." Man, every time one comes out for TS4, the few TS4 folks I follow on Tumblr are always moaning. The last one apparently broke the lighting. Like...the heck? Sure, with TS2 EPs, some things'd get a little borked here and there 'til they patched it, but break the lighting system? Geeez, I think we need to take away EA's special brownies...

So glad I play a "dead" game, thanks much!