Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 5:27 PM Last edited by Fernweather : 16th Apr 2009 at 4:36 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Unable to Place Lot in Neighborhood -RESOLVED-
I've come across a situation in which I have been unable to place a 5x5 lot in my neighborhood (the 'hood uses the Pleasantview terrain). I have tried deleting all of the 'hood decor that was anywhere near the location for the lot, moving away nearby lots, and leveling every tile within 5 tiles of the lot's location using the modifyNeighborhoodTerrain cheat.

I can get smaller lots to fit in parts of the 5x5 area. Basically, I have found two 1x3 or 1x4 stretches of tile along a pair of roads that won't allow a lot to be placed on them.

Has anybody encountered this issue before and maybe know how I can go about resolving it?
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 6:25 PM
Do you mean you can't place an *empty* 5x5 lot there, or is this a pre-built lot?

This kind of issue is usually because either the lot or the terrain isn't flat -- even if "not flat" just means off by a microscopic amount that can't be seen with the naked eye. In case your problem is with a pre-built lot, you can flatten its edges with the LotAdjuster (look at Mootilda's profile or search). If the problem is with the terrain, you can only try clearing off everything near that area and then "ironing" it with small, flat lots or with the terrain cheat. I'm not sure if the terrain cheat properly flattens roads, because I don't have a lot of experience with it (I only had Freetime for a short time) -- perhaps someone else can comment on that.

If you've already done a lot of terrain leveling, perhaps you somehow managed to bury a piece of hood decoration underground? That's rather unlikely, but I'm afraid it is possible.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 4:30 AM
It was an empty lot, but it didn't seem to like being placed next to the roads.

Anyhow, I futzed around a bit more, moving lots and using the terrain cheat and was finally able to place the lot. Go figure.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 7th Apr 2018 at 7:34 PM
Picked up a 5x5 lot after editing it in Mootilda's Lot Adjuster. to "snap back to the road". It totally refused to be put back down. ANYWHERE on the map. I had made it slightly larger but I've edited several lots before and had no problem. Map was Pleasantview, I have Windows 7, 16 RAM, NVidea chip.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 7th Apr 2018 at 8:09 PM
@Sita not a good idea to bump old threads! If you're having problems start a new one.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives