Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Mar 2006 at 2:55 AM
Default More people on community lots!?
I just recently started playing on community lots which I never did before because it ran so slow and Ive noticed that only 4 or less people show up. Now its really hard to have a dance club when theres only 6 people on the whole lot! I tried using the inseminators spawn thing to spawn some townies but they just left right after I spawned them. Does anyone know how I can have more people and why it will only let 3 or 4 townies come on the lot?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Mar 2006 at 4:13 AM
intprop maxnumofvisitingsims x -Where x is the number you require.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Mar 2006 at 9:43 PM
I tried that and no more people are coming onto the lot than before. Does it matter what time of day it is? If it is really late at night do less people come on the lot...I figured with it being called "Nightlife" 2:00 in the morning wouldnt affect the amount of sims on a lot...?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 17th Mar 2006 at 1:49 AM
I think you may find that you do get more in the daytime. Also, remember that the NPCs count toward the total, so if you have a chef, a waitress, a host, a DJ that's four already.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 17th Mar 2006 at 1:56 AM
I've tried that same cheat and it doesn't work for me either. I was having 8 customers at my business and I wanted more so I was told about this cheat and when I did it I changed it to 16 and now only 3 customers come at a time. I tried putting it back to 8 but nothing. Only 3 and thats it. Did I do something wrong? I sure wish a hack could be made, lol.
Test Subject
#6 Old 17th Mar 2006 at 4:49 AM
From what i read in the prima-book for OFB the game can manage now how much persons your system can manage. If it's kinda old/weak less townies customers etc are possible. Don't know if there is a way to pass that check with a hack though and - as you're having probs with the games speed even now - it would be a bad idea to get even more persons on those lots....
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 17th Mar 2006 at 8:57 AM
It's worth noting that the cheat must be enterred at the neighboorhood screen. If you try to enter the cheat while you are playing the lot, you must return to the neighboorhood screen and then reload the lot.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Scholar
#8 Old 17th Mar 2006 at 1:04 PM
If your club is a business lot owned by one of your sims, you might find that as your star rating improves, so will the amount of customers. My new businessess always seem to start off with just 3 or 4 people showing up. With each new star, a couple more visiting sims seem to get added.
Hope that helps

Please note - I'm not taking any requests at the moment.

You may include my items in your uploads but please credit with a link to either the object or my creator page please.

My Sims 2 videos
Scholar
#9 Old 17th Mar 2006 at 1:07 PM
oops sorry, I'm talking about OFB and I think you meant Nightlife,
my brain isnt in gear today

Please note - I'm not taking any requests at the moment.

You may include my items in your uploads but please credit with a link to either the object or my creator page please.

My Sims 2 videos
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#10 Old 17th Mar 2006 at 3:15 PM
Moonlight_muse is correct, your business rank effects the number of customers shopping in your store.

Business Rank = # of Customers
10 = 10
9 = 9
8 = 8
6-7 = 7
5 = 6
4 = 5
2-3 = 4
(-)5-1 = 3
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Mar 2006 at 5:39 PM
My original question wasnt meant for OFB...I only have nightlife....I didnt know you ahd to do it in the neighborhood screen, thanks master! I will try that, I was doing it in the lot.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 17th Mar 2006 at 5:48 PM
Hmm, all my business's are a rank 10 and two have good reviews but still only 3 customers at a time. I use to get 8 until I entered the cheat. My computer meets the requirements and then some. It's not the fastest out there but it's pretty fast. I have noticed there's a hack to allow more sims to move in on residential lots, so could it be possible to make one for community lots?
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 13th Jul 2014 at 5:05 PM
This thread was so helpful! Thanks!

The new Create-A-Sim is definitely an improvement.

http://i.imgur.com/ZM6KgPa.png
Field Researcher
#14 Old 13th Jul 2014 at 8:44 PM
It's a shame you don't have OFB or you could have used the SW Customer Limit Adjuster from Simwardrobe.com. It allows you to decide how many visitors (3-48) can/should be on your community lot. That's the only certain thing I know of that can do what you're asking.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 13th Jul 2014 at 10:48 PM
This thread is from 2006!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~