Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jun 2019 at 5:41 PM Last edited by Ecca : 2nd Jun 2019 at 7:20 AM.
Searching for Uni Mod for losing or slowing down class performance, anyone? SOLVED
Hi!
I'm a long time lurker of this site and now I need your help if you can!

I'm searching for a University mod that makes the class performance bar for the current semester decayable.

The bar is this one:

Something that would take into account absence for class and would adjust the bar accordingly making the performance of the semester slip a bit.
In fewer words making the reach for a perfect grade harder.

Example:
For instance the YA sim is at two fourths of his run for a perfect grade but one night he just goes to a party, comes back to dorm totally depleted and the next morning he accidentally sleeps through the alarm and misses class.
In consequence his class performance diminishes a bit.

At this point in time I'm even doubting if it has been made.

In the last few days I searched everywhere I know (Cijon's, here, GOS, BoilingOils etc.) for a Uni Mod that makes the class performance bar decay but with no luck.

Also, as I'm not native english, maybe I'm searching with incorrect words (my game is in Italian) so I'm asking here if someone has ever heard of something similar to what I'm searching for.

I would be very grateful to anyone willing to help.

Sorry for the long post and for my english!

Ecca

Edit: I just edited this post for it wasn't a grade mod I was searching for but a way to change the class performance, my bad!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Jun 2019 at 9:54 PM
I do not think that you will find such a mod because University already functions much like your description. If the YA sim does not attend class, his class performance meter will not increase. If the YA sim misses the final exam for the semester, his grade may actually drop.

Quote: Originally posted by Ecca
Example:
For instance the YA sim is at two fourths of his run for a perfect grade but one night he just goes to a party, comes back to dorm totally depleted and the next morning he accidentally sleeps through the alarm and misses class.
In consequence his grade diminish a bit.

So if your sim parties all night and misses a class, his grade will not drop, but it will not increase either. If the sim misses his final exam, his grade should drop significantly. He may pass the exam, but his final grade will be much lower.

There is more information about grades and class performance at this link. If you have difficulty understanding it, post here and one of us will try to explain.
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Class_performance
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 12:14 AM Last edited by Ecca : 2nd Jun 2019 at 12:40 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I do not think that you will find such a mod because University already functions much like your description. If the YA sim does not attend class, his class performance meter will not increase. If the YA sim misses the final exam for the semester, his grade may actually drop.

So if your sim parties all night and misses a class, his grade will not drop, but it will not increase either. If the sim misses his final exam, his grade should drop significantly. He may pass the exam, but his final grade will be much lower.

There is more information about grades and class performance at this link. If you have difficulty understanding it, post here and one of us will try to explain.
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Class_performance

Thank you, now I know the exact definition and that I used an incorrect word for what I was searching...sorry for misleading anyone for it was not my intention (I edited the title of this thread for more clarification)

I'm searching for a mod that alters the class performance or slows it.

In the page you mentioned there are only listed ways to gain class performance...

Are there mods to lose class performance?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 2:27 AM
I do not know of any mods that make class performance drop, but I do know of some mods that make academic interactions less effective. Your sim will have a more difficult time filling the class performance meter.

Ancient Highway made three mods:

1. "Harder Grades - Class". Attending class will increase performance less than in an un-modded game.
2. "Harder Grades - Term". Students must write a term paper on a computer to get maximum grade for the semester. If a student does not complete a term paper, the maximum possible grade is B+, even if the performance meter is full.
3. "Harder Grades - Professor". If a student socializes with his professor, class performance will increase less than in an un-modded game.

"Harder Grades - Class" and "Harder Grades - Term" are available here:
http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8059.0

"Harder Grades - Professor" is in reply # 20 in this thread:
http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8104.0
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 2:40 AM
There is no mod that drops the class bar if a sim misses class. You could try sending a request into Midge The Tree on Tumblr once she is back of break, as it sounds like the kind of thing she would tackle -if it's possible.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 7:19 AM Last edited by Ecca : 2nd Jun 2019 at 8:37 AM.
Thank you for your help!

@RoxEllen1965: I will look up AH mods tonight when I'll be back home, I've never heard of them until now I guess I lived under a rock or something.

@joandsarah77: that is a good idea!

Case solved.
Thank you both again!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 8:42 PM
I will look up AH mods tonight when I'll be back home, I've never heard of them until now I guess I lived under a rock or something.

Please don't feel bad about this. There are many good mods for this game that are not well-known. You shouldn't expect to be aware of all of them. I only discovered Ancient Highway's university mods a couple of weeks ago while I was looking for something else.

Case solved.
Thank you both again!

You're welcome. I'm glad that I could help.