Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Aug 2013 at 12:33 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Some of my dog breeds have disappeared!
I seem to have lost some of my dog breeds. I've only really noticed the fact that I no longer have a pug, so I'm not sure which other breeds are missing.
Has this happened to anyone else? If so, how did you fix it? I'm really reluctant to uninstall the game and then reinstall it, because it took me ages to install it in the first place.

Any help would be appreciated.
Advertisement
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Aug 2013 at 3:24 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • General - Do the Game Problem FAQ
    You appear to have not gone through our main Game Help:Game Problemwiki FAQ. Please go through and do the steps on this FAQ, including any others that it links to (for example the Game Help:Game Problem-Problem Custom Contentwiki FAQ).

Usually, in the vast majority of cases, actually going through and doing the steps (doing, not just reading) fixes issues - sometimes you may be asked to remove custom content, or to patch - please rest assured that all of our FAQs have been tested by our staff and volunteers and we wouldn't suggest you do something unless it's been known to fix particular issues.

Please do the steps in the Game Problem FAQ, specifically the Removing User files and Custom Content parts. There might be a problem with your user files or some piece of CC that's causing the pet breeds to disappear. Let us know if you have any questions.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Aug 2013 at 4:28 PM
I tried to do all that last night, but the game kept crashing. It looks like I'm going to have to re-install
Site Helper
#4 Old 5th Aug 2013 at 10:26 PM
Reinstalling rarely solves these kinds of problems. What happened immediately before it started crashing? Did you try moving your user files to your desktop and running the game?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 3:02 PM
Yeah, I tried that. It seems to be a particular "town" that's crashing whenever I try to play it. I seem to have it working okay just now, so I'll just forget the pet breeds that are missing and continue to play.