Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jan 2013 at 2:25 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default After installing Pets....
I recently had my birthday (Janurary 10) and got a new computer.. I also got TS2 Pets, so I reinstalled my games onto my new computer (Double Deluxe, Open for bussiness, seasons, pets). I took out all hacks I could think of, but when in-game, in buy/build when I place an objects or move the screen the whole neighborhood will show only the floors of the lots.
(that sounded confusing, I'll add pics). This is getting really annoying!
EDIT: Check out the video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANz-q5yNhT8

My computer is x64-bit now, 4 GB of Memory, AMD Athalon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+, 2.60 GHz, 250 GB of space.

Any machinima support or tips sent to me will be VERY much appreciated!
I love the MTS Community!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 16th Jan 2013 at 3:16 AM
Have you gone through the game problem faq? Also, are the games patched?

Could you post your specs following this format: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...lp:System_Specs ? You're missing info on your graphics card.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 16th Jan 2013 at 3:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kpkeila
I took out all hacks I could think of,

All the hacks you could think of? I can't make any sense of that at all. Are your hacks scattered around so that you can't find them all to remove them for testing, or what?

One of the basic troubleshooting measures covered in the FAQ Mordant linked involves making a backup of your game, then pulling ALL your Downloads - hacks and CC alike, even the ones installed somewhere other than Downloads, if any - and testing the game without them. If you haven't done that yet, there's not really much anyone can tell you. CC and hacks have to be ruled out, and only you can do that.

And yes, graphics specs are critical to know as well. You have to know whether or not your graphics card (hopefully it's a card, and not an integrated chip) is compatible with and powerful enough for Sims 2.
Banned
#4 Old 16th Jan 2013 at 4:14 AM
That video is too short and goes by WAY too fast to tell anything.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Jan 2013 at 6:46 AM
All the hacks I could think of, meaning I ran the Clean Installer and unchecked all the hacks

Any machinima support or tips sent to me will be VERY much appreciated!
I love the MTS Community!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 16th Jan 2013 at 10:08 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • General - Do the Game Problem FAQ
    You appear to have not gone through our main Game Help:Game Problemwiki FAQ. Please go through and do the steps on this FAQ, including any others that it links to (for example the Game Help:Game Problem-Problem Custom Contentwiki FAQ).

Usually, in the vast majority of cases, actually going through and doing the steps (doing, not just reading) fixes issues - sometimes you may be asked to remove custom content, or to patch - please rest assured that all of our FAQs have been tested by our staff and volunteers and we wouldn't suggest you do something unless it's been known to fix particular issues.

• General - Post System Specs
    We need more information before we can help with your issue.
    • Please post a Quick summary of your System Specs
      Instructions on finding them are here: Game Help:System Specswiki.
    Please Do NOT post your complete DxDiag report in your thread.

Please run through the Game Problem guide, and let us know what happens at each stage. Also, please let us know your full system specs.