Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 12:34 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife, Pets
Default Having Issues With Pets "Try for Puppies-Kittens"
I'm having an issue with breeding my pets. Dogs especially. (Haven't tried cats yet.) I get the option "Try for Puppies" and it follows out well with my sims encouragement, but after my dogs are done with the woohoo I don't hear a jungle sound. EVER! (Jingle meaning - Baby Chime, but I'll just call it jingle for now ) Now I'm not a noob when it comes to the game and generally map out my own problems but this one stumps me. Maybe because I haven't really focused on the Pets expansion and have heard it to have many problems or I'm just not thinking straight, but either way I'm lost
Alright so I should probably explain now.

As I've stated above I don't ever hear the jingle, going into detail, I have tried with over 15 different dogs, and I've tried a good 150+ times. I still never hear the jingle. I've had to breed my dogs about 18+ times before to hear the jungle but not over 15 dogs and over 150 times! I've also removed any suspicious mod I might have had and now I only have the Insim. I've ruled it out, but should I? I also have the Largerhouseholds EP4 hack, I'm not sure if that would affect it? But It does allow me to have up to 50 sims including pets. And works apparently because I'm able to adopt pets easily. Just not breed "successfully". If in the end I really don't find a solution, is there a mod or hack that would allow me to breed my pets manually, such as clicking on something. Like using boolprop you have to shift click on the sim to get the options. I wouldn't mind doing so as long as I'm able to breed my pets. Thank you in advance! And I apologize for the length of the question!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 1:10 AM
Is your game fully patched? I don't know of this being an issue a patch fixed, but if you're not patched, that may be the problem.

As for hacks, it doesn't sound like you've fully tested that theory, and you need to. That means pulling ALL your hacks and seeing how that affects the situation. (Make a backup of your current game as-is first!) If you can successfully breed pets with NO hacks in place, then it will be a matter of finding out which one, then deciding whether or not you can live without it. Also consider that a combination of two or more hacks could be the problem.

Good news is that regardless of all that, TwoJeff's Sim Blender can be used to make a pet pregnant with another pet. Works even between two females.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 9:03 PM
I was thinking that may be the issue as well, I have checked on patches but nothing really seemed to fit. I might look into that a bit more. I have tested out my hacks by taking out my complete downloads folder and yet still had the same issue. So I ruled that out as of lately. I'm not really sure what the issue could be, seems to be a stumper haha. But, Thank you so much for the help and the Sim Blender suggestion, I will definitely try that out!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 9:49 PM
Well, regardless of whether or not you see anything about this issue in the list of things the Pets patch fixes, you still need to patch your game, if you haven't already. Patching is important.

The only other thing I can suggest you try is this:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...lp:Game_Problem

Of course, you can just use the Sim Blender, but if there's anything else at all weird going on with your game, you'll need to run down the problem eventually.

Good luck!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 4:14 PM
Another suggestion: I also have a mod that deletes pregnancy tokens, after I read that that can prevent animal pregnancies (I have a mod for big households, and a seperate one for "lot full of pets".

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Test Subject
#6 Old 9th Jul 2023 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JurriNeo
I'm having an issue with breeding my pets. Dogs especially. (Haven't tried cats yet.) I get the option "Try for Puppies" and it follows out well with my sims encouragement, but after my dogs are done with the woohoo I don't hear a jungle sound. EVER! (Jingle meaning - Baby Chime, but I'll just call it jingle for now ) Now I'm not a noob when it comes to the game and generally map out my own problems but this one stumps me. Maybe because I haven't really focused on the Pets expansion and have heard it to have many problems or I'm just not thinking straight, but either way I'm lost
Alright so I should probably explain now.

As I've stated above I don't ever hear the jingle, going into detail, I have tried with over 15 different dogs, and I've tried a good 150+ times. I still never hear the jingle. I've had to breed my dogs about 18+ times before to hear the jungle but not over 15 dogs and over 150 times! I've also removed any suspicious mod I might have had and now I only have the Insim. I've ruled it out, but should I? I also have the Largerhouseholds EP4 hack, I'm not sure if that would affect it? But It does allow me to have up to 50 sims including pets. And works apparently because I'm able to adopt pets easily. Just not breed "successfully". If in the end I really don't find a solution, is there a mod or hack that would allow me to breed my pets manually, such as clicking on something. Like using boolprop you have to shift click on the sim to get the options. I wouldn't mind doing so as long as I'm able to breed my pets. Thank you in advance! And I apologize for the length of the question!

I'm having the same issue: I've been successfully breeding my dogs/cats until now. Suddenly, I don't hear any jingle. I can't even use Sim Blender or Midge-the-Tree's RCC or anything. They go into the dog house, leave, and...nothing.