Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 9th Sep 2007 at 4:38 AM
oh no Bella.....well we know she dosen't really commit suiside right?..hmmmm
great update...love her running with her stilletoes on.....
Advertisement
#52 Old 9th Sep 2007 at 4:47 AM
yay! a story I can also catch up on! I like the story outline. I really can't wait for more.
#53 Old 9th Sep 2007 at 10:17 AM
I think she will end up in Strangetown. The second last picture looks so much like a desert and you see some desert plants. And the light may prove that she was taken away with an ufo before she ever reached down the hill.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#54 Old 9th Sep 2007 at 11:53 PM
Wonderful comments everyone. I loved them all!

Did she or didn't she? Well, she certainly intended to, but only time will tell. Hopefully I will surprize you, but I know how you guys love to try and figure these things out.

Uhhhh, Diamontegirl - what do you mean "sounds familar"?

Starwyn - Do you think I should consolidate my chapters more. I'm afraid that I am kind of picture happy. I'm trying to limit them but I still have alot and it makes the chapters kind of short.

Anyway please keep reading. There are some unexpected (I hope) twists coming up soon.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#55 Old 10th Sep 2007 at 3:06 AM
Default Part II - The Perils of Cassandra - Chapter 1
Chapter 1. Happily Ever After?

Cass was a basket case. She was getting married in a few hours to the love of her life, Don Lothario. She was going to put all the unpleasantness with her mother behind her and start a new life. And now at the last minute her father was putting up a fuss. “How could you go through with the wedding now with your mother missing,” he had said.

Cassandra, of course, knew that Bella had run off because of her shameful behavior and was not concerned.

They had quarreled bitterly. “You are no daughter of mine if you leave now.”

“Fine,” she shouted, “I am going through with this despite what you or anyone else says.” Cassandra waved her hand in a sign of dismissal and stalked angrily out to the waiting limo.

Then the music started and it was all a blur after that, the flowers, friends, family, the ring, the toast, the cake.

After an all too short honeymoon at the beach........

......the happy couple settled into their new life at Don's tiny house.
Don said they needed to save money for the important things. That included Armani suits---Don needed to look like a successful up and comer, expensive restaurants---Don needed to entertain and impress colleagues, and of course the Lamborghini---“That just makes me look hot."

“It’s not what you know, it’s who you know and how much you impress them,” was Don’s favorite saying. And Don went through his salary, her salary and her annuity from her mother’s side of the family.

All Cass really wanted was to start a family, but when she would bring up the subject, Don would always say, “We need to be well established before starting a family. We want to give our children the best don’t we?”

Cass was brokenhearted but agreed reluctently. She was starting to wonder if Don really wanted children. But that ridiculous.....wasn't it?

Don certainly didn’t have time to spend with a child. He was out many nights working late at the hospital or at late night meetings.

There were even weekend conferences to which she was not invited because she would most certainly be bored.

But still, Cass had complete faith in her husband. After all, they were in love and they had the whole rest of their lives together. There's plenty of time for children and all the rest, Cass would tell herself. And she really believed it, until one afternoon in late spring.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#56 Old 10th Sep 2007 at 3:34 AM
Default Chapter 2. The Phone Call
Everything began to fall apart one afternoon when Cass came home early because she had a terrible headache. Passing the front window, she saw Don on the phone and not wanting to disturb him she entered quietly and started for the stairs.

As her foot hit the bottom step she heard, “Yeah babe, my wife doesn’t understand me.
Cass almost tripped on the step.

“Everything has to be her way. We’re stuck in this little dump of a house because of the way she spends money.

Cass could hardly breathe. “She insists that I buy these fancy European suits and entertain all the fakes at the hospital at expensive restaurants. And then she had to have the Lamborghini. She is always saying that it’s not what you know, but who you know. That is so not me, babe!”

Cass sat down suddenly on the bottom step. Her head was pounding and she was very dizzy.

“I wouldn’t be so unhappy if only she wanted to start a family. She hates kids, thinks they’ll ruin her figure. Oh, thank you Abby, without your support I don’t know how I could deal with this sham of a marriage.

Through the pain that was the breaking of Cass’s heart she heard, “I’d better hang up now, dear. She’s due any minute now and if she’s in a bad mood, there will be hell to pay! Yeah, I’ll see you tomorrow night. I can’t wait, babe.”

Cass jumped up. She had to get away before Don realized that she had been listening.

She ran out the backdoor and around the house arriving at the front door just as Don opened it.

“Oh, Cass babe, I didn’t hear the car pool. How’s about a big kiss.

Cass pushed him back. “No Don, I have a splitting headache.”

Oh come on babe. I’ve got something that will make it all better.”

“Just leave me alone, Don.”

She pushed past him and ran up the stairs. “What the h**l is wrong with you Cass.

Cass called in sick the next day. She had been crying since Don had left for the hospital. About 10:00am the door bell rang. It was her oldest friend, Darrin Dreamer. “Hey Cass, how is married life treating....what’s wrong Cass? You look terrible.

“Oh Darrin, Don is seeing another woman. I heard him on the phone and he said the most awful things about me.” She fell into Darrin’s arms and sobbed into his shoulder.

"Listen Cass, I’m here for you. Whatever you decide to do, if you ever need me, call 24/7. And just remember, he’s not nearly good enough for you. And if you ever need a place to stay, I’ve got the spare room now that my son has moved out. It’s yours for as long as you need it."

Test Subject
#57 Old 10th Sep 2007 at 10:27 AM
I just started reading this and it so good!! I can't wait to read more! :drive:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#58 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 2:40 AM
Default Chapter 3. Adios Cassandra
When Don came strutting in late that evening, Cass was waiting for him.

“Oh Babe , you startled me. As long as you’re up, let’s jump in the hot tub for a cuddle.”

Cass stared daggers at him. I know about your girlfriend.”

“I don’t know what you mean Babe. Come on, give us a kiss.”

“Cut the crap Don. I want you to say goodbye to this Abby person immediately and never see her again. And I want to start our family now. Those are my terms.”

“Your terms?” Don was red faced with anger. “You have nothing to bargain with Cassandra. Abigail Uppington is wealthy, powerful and well placed socially. Just the kind of woman to mother my son.” You are not even in her league, Miss Small town.”

“I’m not good enough to have your child? Pack your things and get out of this house.”

“No Babe, you keep this crap to remind you of me. Abby has called in her
New Sim City tailors too make a brand new wardrobe for me. I will keep the Lamborghini though, cause I just look so damned hot in it.”

Don turned and left the house. Cass ran after him as him climbed into the expensive car. As she watched the sports car roar down the street, she knew he was really gone.

Cass stepped back inside and closed the door behind her. She stood there in shock for about a minute before she became aware of a loud pounding on the door. “Cass, are you alright? Open the door.”

“Oh, Darren, he’s gone. He left me for some high society tramp.”

“I’m so sorry Cass.” Darren pulled her to him and held her tightly. Let her have him. He never deserved someone like you anyway. “You shouldn’t be alone now. Come on home with me and take that spare room.”

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#59 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 2:54 AM
Default Chapter 4. Home with Darrin
Cass was too heartbroken to resist. She let Darren help her pack a few things and take her to his house.

Once installed in Darrin’s spare room, Cass fell down on the bed and sobbed into the pillow for a very long time. When she was all cried out she lay there waiting for sleep to overtake her. Just before she dropped off to sleep she remembered the first time that her very good friend Darrin had come to her rescue.

Seven years ago – Simrose Place’s favorite teen hangout

She had escaped with only scrapes and bruises. The police searched for weeks for the car and driver but no trace ever materialized of either. Darrin told her that the driver had better never show his face in town again if he knew what was good for him.

Later that night, at the old quarry

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#60 Old 6th Oct 2007 at 10:53 PM
Default Chapter 5. Part 1 - Back to the Present
The morning after, Cass woke up in a daze. It was the same for the next day and the next. Cass lost count. But, after awhile the morning came when she awoke and felt better. Not great, but as if she might just make it after all. It was then that Darren took her aside to talk to her.

“Cass, you may not be aware of it, but I have been in love with you since we were kids. I know that you are not over your breakup yet, but I have to ask if you could ever return my affection. What I’m trying to say is, Cass, will you marry me?”

Cass felt a wave of affection sweep over her for the man who had been so devoted and loving for so long and she rashly agreed. It seemed safe and she needed a safe place to be. And so, they wed in a small ceremony and started their life together.

Things were very pleasant for awhile. Darren didn’t ask for much but he did want to know where she was at all times. Then one day he showed up at her workplace and saw her talking and laughing with a male co-worker. He seemed upset after that and asked her to resign.

Cass told him that he was being silly and refused to quit. It didn’t really matter after all because the co-worker apparently quit and she never saw him again.

In the Simrose Woods….

Instructor
#61 Old 6th Oct 2007 at 11:17 PM
Yipes!
Looks like Cass jumped from the frying pan into the fire!
(Or so it seems anyway. )
Please update soon I'm loosing my grip on this cliff edge. :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#62 Old 6th Oct 2007 at 11:33 PM
Default Chapter 5. Part 2 - True Colors
Then one day Cass decided to approach Darren. “I really feel that it’s time to start our family, Darren”

He looked pained. “Gee Cass, I can’t have children. I had the surgery”.

“Can’t it be reversed, she asked?”

“Very unlikely, after all this time.”

“Why didn’t you tell me this before,” she wailed? You knew that I wanted children more than anything. How could you do this to me?”

Darren’s voice rose in anger, “Look Cass, I wanted you to marry me. I’m what you need and you know it. You’ll get over this.”

“I was better off without you, Darren.”

“Don’t you ever say that again” he said through clenched teeth. I’m the only man that can take care of you.

“I don’t need to be taken care of,” she shouted.

She didn’t expect the blow but it was hard enough to make her ears ring.

“Now see what you made me do,” Darren ranted. Ok, you know that I have to go out of town tonight. You had better be over this by the time I get back! And you had better stop that sniveling now!

After Darren had left, Cass was so shaken she decided to have a small glass of wine to calm her nerves. Many tears and half a bottle later, the wine had taken its effect and everything had become hazy and dreamlike.

She heard the doorbell ringing somewhere far off, then tapping on the front window. She heard the door open and close and then a familiar voice, “Looks like the Honeymoon is over, Babe. She opened her eyes and tried to focus. “What do you want,” she slurred.

“You are a right mess, Babe. That’s one heck of a shiner hubby gave you. Here, let me help you to the bedroom. Don picked her up and carried her to the bedroom. She tried to protest but was unable to speak clearly. He laid her on the bed and started to undo her clothing.

I’ve got something here that will fix you right up, Babe. He kissed her protesting lips and she forgot all the pain that he had caused her.

Cass awoke the next morning with a throbbing headache and a hazy memory of the events of the previous night. Over the ensuing weeks she was able to convince herself that Darren’s blow was just an accident. And as far as Don’s visit, she concluded that was just an alcohol induced nightmare. Until she became ill one morning and the next and………

“Oh no,” she panicked, “Darren will go mad when he finds out.”

She was very sure that he would do more than just black her eye this time. This was what she had so longed for and now it had gone so wrong.

Still, she waited until she started to show and could no longer hide it before she told Darren. To say he was angry was an extreme understatement. He was enraged. “You will get rid of this thing now,” he demanded. Cass was terrified but adamant, “No, I will not kill my baby”. You will have to kill me first.”

“I have waited for you since junior high. I’ve watched you dating and sleeping with other men while I sat alone. You are mine now and only mine. I will never let you go! And I will not have that b*****d brat in my home.

Darrin was leaving in the morning for a week long business trip, but he made an appointment with a doctor friend of his for the morning after he returned. “I’ll take you in and we’ll get this taken care of. Then things will be like they were before. You’ll see darling, we’ll be so happy then.”

Cass agreed with Darren because she was too afraid not to. But she knew for sure that she would never give up her baby and she was already planning an escape.

Test Subject
#63 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 12:15 AM
This story is so good I can't wait to read more
#64 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 12:59 AM
Cassandra is so good looking!
And who had imagined that Darren Dreamer (the nice guy into painting) was this tyrant?
#65 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 1:49 PM
Wow. Cassie went from Don the player to Darren the psycho! I hope she planned a good escape.
#66 Old 8th Oct 2007 at 2:39 AM
Good story. Thanx for sharing
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#67 Old 10th Oct 2007 at 1:46 AM
Thanks for the comments guys. Cass can certainly get herself into trouble. And as for Darrin, can you say homocidal?

Actually, after I put up a big update a couple of weeks ago and got no response what so ever, I was contemplating deleting the story. What really got me was that I only got ten views on the thread in a weeks time. I've been sitting on it trying to decide if it was worth it to continue. Anyway, I've decided to finish Cassandra's part of the story. I imagine most of you would like to know if Cass gets away from scary Darrin and if he gets his just deserts. And then, after Cassandra's part is finished I'll check to see if anyone is interested in hearing the rest of the story. Maybe I'll take a poll. :umm:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#68 Old 10th Oct 2007 at 1:56 AM
Default Chapter 6. Part 1 - Appartment Hunt
As soon as Darren left she was out the door, searching for an apartment on the other side of town. It was very tiring in her condition but she knew she had to get away before Darren returned at the end of the week.

She searched in vain for two days. There was nothing available in any decent area. Cass was afraid that she would have to start looking in the seedier part of town and that was not where she wanted to start out with a new baby. Cass was resting on a bench when she heard some merry gypsy music nearby. "Strange, those gypsies are everywhere anymore."

It emanated from a small street that she had somehow not noticed before. She followed the sound and found the small band performing in front of the office of a well-kept little apartment complex. A young gypsy girl stood on the top step clapping her hands to the music and above her head Cass saw a sign proclaiming: Nice one bdrm--$400.

Cass struggled up the steps to the office and was soon looking at a very cozy little apartment. She immediately put down a deposit. The manager Mrs. Armstrong and her daughter Jane were very sympathetic to Cass’s situation as Jane had also been the victim of an abusive husband and had lost her child in a very nasty custody battle.

They immediately called some male cousins with a truck and moved Cass into her new place that very day.

They were both very excited about having a new baby nearby and promised to be there if Cass needed anything during this most difficult time. And true to their word, a few weeks later when Cass went into labor, the Armstongs were there offering support and then when Cass went back to work she never lacked for a baby sitter.

It was early one fine spring morning that Cass gave birth to the most handsome baby boy who had ever been born. At least Cass thought so, and the Armstrong’s definitely agreed. Cass had started divorce proceedings and had returned to using her maiden name, so the new little sim was christened Jonathan Goth.

Things were going wonderfully for Cass. She was so happy with her new friends and the light of her life, little Jonnie. Yes everything was just perfect! Funny thing about that….

Right after Cass arrived at work that morning, Mr. Martin called her into his office. "Cassandra," he said, "I’ve got a big problem here and I’m going to have to do something that I really don’t want to do in order to solve it."

Cass gasped inwardly, “what now?”

“It’s your husband Darren. He’s been calling here and threatening people. He even showed up last night and scared the devil out of the cleaning lady, mumbling about bombs and such. I’ve called the police but evidently they can’t arrest him unless he really does something. He is scaring people and I’m afraid that he might actually harm someone.”

Cass felt a great weight settle down on her shoulders.

“So I’m sorry Cassandra,” he continued, “but I’m going to have to let you go”.

“Mr. Martin, you can’t mean that. I have a young son to take care of.”

“I know, and if there were any other way, but this is all that I can do to protect all of my employees. He handed her a fat envelop. Here dear, I’ve written you a glowing recommendation and large severance check. I wish it didn’t have to be this way but I have to think of the welfare of a lot of people”.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#69 Old 10th Oct 2007 at 2:50 AM
Default Chapter 6. Part 2 - On Her Own
By the time Cass reached home she had decided to make the best of things. She’d find another job easily enough. She could use the generous severance check to relocate. Maybe Veronaville, no... Sim City! Darren would never find her there.

She opened he door to her apartment and gasped, “Oh no!”

The place was a shambles. It looked (and smelled) like the city dump. There was garbage and trash all over the floor. There were dirty dishes and partially filled takeout cartons on every table. Flies buzzed angrily at the interruption and Cass was pretty sure she glimised a rat scurrying about.

As Cass stood there, staring in disbelief, Jane came running up carrying Jonnie. Cass, Cass you’ve got to take the baby and get out of……what the h*ll happened here?”

“I don’t know. It wasn’t like this when I left.” Cass was truly bewildered.

Jane recovered enough to start again. “Cass, you have worse to worry about than this”.

“Worse than this?”

“There’s a social worker at mom’s apartment. She’s looking for you to take Jonnie away. Social services got a report that you had no job and that you were living in filth. Ahh, sort of like this, I guess.”

“But I just lost my job today because of Darren. Darren! He did this and called social services too”.

“But why would he do that?”

“He thinks that with the baby gone that I will come back to him and everything will be like it was before.”

“But that’s just crazy,” Jane sighed. “Listen Cass, you got to leave. Once social services gets your child, it’s nearly impossible to get him back. Believe me, I know.”

The two women rummaged for whatever Cass might need. Luckily nothing had been touched inside the cabinets. They put as much as Cass could carry in her backpack. As they stood in the doorway Jane gave Cass a hug. “I’ll take care of this place and pack your stuff up until you can get this straightened out. Now go, get going!

Cass walked a few feet and looked back and waved to Jane. I’ll never forget what you’ve done for me, Jane.”

Jane waved back, “be careful Cass.”

Cass turned and started walking quickly across the complex to the street, then right and away from the area. She was much too anxious to notice the car that pulled out from the curb and followed her slowly down the street. And neither Cass nor the driver noticed the cloaked figure darting through the shadows, following them both.

#70 Old 10th Oct 2007 at 4:03 AM
OMG I hope they don't find Cassandra's baby boy! I'm lovin' this story!!!
#71 Old 10th Oct 2007 at 11:01 AM
Poor Cass! I hate this Darren. Why is it that important that Cass comes back to him? Evil man.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#72 Old 13th Oct 2007 at 6:45 PM
Diamonte and Oceanborn - thanks for your comments. All your concerns will soon be covered.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#73 Old 13th Oct 2007 at 7:24 PM
Default Chapter 7. In The Park
Cass had been on the move for what seemed like hours. She was hungry and tired. Mostly tired! She found herself at Oceanview Park and searched out a bench deep within the park. She settled on the bench and gave Jonnie a bottle.

Poor little boy. He needed a warm bed. She needed a warm bed. Cass laid her head down on the bench, just for a second, and fell into a fitful sleep.

Cass’ Dream…

She dreamed she was back in high school, dating the quarterback of the football team.

She was young, wild, in love and ready for anything. He was her first real love, but afterward, she heard that he had given a blow by blow description to the whole football team of his conquest of the strange dog collar girl.

She was so hurt and embarrassed. She planned on telling him off and dumping him as soon as he returned from the senior camping trip with the football team, but she never got the chance. Sometime during the night, he wandered out of camp and disappeared into the darkness. The authorities searched for days but no trace was ever found. Darren, at the time had told Cass that he was most probably eaten by a bear.

On the banks of the raging Sim River.

Cass woke up with a start and remembered where she was and started crying softly.

It was then that a slight figure emerged from the shadows. Cass started and looked up the see a young gypsy girl. “You seem very sad miss”.

“No, I’m fine,” Cass lied.

“No, you are in more trouble than you know. At this moment there are a social worker and a policeman entering the park. I believe they are looking for you.”

“How could you know this?”

“That is not important. I can help you if you will trust me, but we must be quick. Listen, I hear them coming.

Cass heard voices and sounds of brush movement. Could she trust the girl? She had to escape, to trust someone.

She nodded her agreement and the girl motioned her to follow down a path that Cass didn’t know. Well, maybe not so much a path, more a separation between large bushes.

Jonnie started to cry but the girl placed her hand gently on his head and he yawned and fell asleep. Cass held her hand over his little head to protect it from the branches and they made their way out of the park to an unfamiliar street.

Cass followed the girl across the street, down an alley and so on, until they came to the back of a large house. They crossed the yard to the back door and the girl tapped on it. The door opened a crack and someone said, “Do you have them? Yes? Bring them in, please.”

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#74 Old 13th Oct 2007 at 11:14 PM
Default Chapter 8. Part 1 - A New Friend
Cass was ushered into a large cheery kitchen and greeted by an older woman.

The woman said, “Hello Cassandra, I’m Margaret, and this must be little Jonnie.

How did this stranger know her and her baby?

“I can see that you are confused,” the woman said. I’ll explain it all to you, but let’s get you settled in first.

Margaret led Cass down a hall to a cozy bedroom with a crib in the corner. “Here, let me put the little one to bed. This crib belonged to my daughter. I knew that it would come in handy again. There now little one, let me cover you up."

"Alright now Cassandra, would you like to clean up or…" Margaret turned and found Cass collapsed on the bed, sound asleep.

The next morning

Cass woke to the chirping of birds through the open window. The sun, shining through the lace curtains, made intricate designs on the walls. Cass was so comfortable, but something was missing, nagging at her. Jonnie!

Cass jumped up and ran down the hall to the big kitchen.

Margaret stool in the middle of the room giving Jonnie a bottle.

“Good morning Cassandra, breakfast is ready,” she motioned toward the table, “or would you rather have a shower first?

Cass was already eating. “Food first,” she mumbled between bites.

“Yes, I believe your son feels the same way.”

After breakfast Cass asked, “How do you know us? Why have you taken us
in?”

“Well, I owe a favor to the gypsies. They told me about you and sent you here.”

“But I’ve never even met a gypsy before last night.”

“Well, they surely know you.”

“I can’t repay you for your kindness. I lost my job.”

“Yes, your husband, I believe. I know your situation dear, but I think that you are safe here for the time being and as for a job, how would you like to work here.”

“Where exactly is here,” Cass inquired?

“Why, this is the Simrose Geriatric Hospital and Elder Care Facility. And I really do need someone who is good with the elderly. The place has grown so much lately, that I can’t keep up with it. You can live right here at the home for as long as you like.”

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#75 Old 13th Oct 2007 at 11:55 PM
Default Chapter 8. Part 2 - Peace at Last
As the days and weeks passed, life was going very well indeed for Cass, which actually made her a little uneasy. She really enjoyed her work and little Jonnie was more of a joy each day, but the threat of Darren hung heavily over her head. So one day she found Margaret in the cheery kitchen. “Margaret, I have to talk to you. I feel like I haven’t been honest with you. My ex-husband Darren, I believe to be a very disturbed person and I may be placing you all in danger just by staying here. If he finds me here, who knows what he might be capable of?”

“Oh yes dear, I’ve been meaning to tell you something, but it just never seemed the right time. Darren has apparently been stalking a certain Dr. Lothario and so the police have been keeping an eye on him. The Doctor was, shall we say, making a house call on a young woman in the region of the gypsy encampment. The police spotted Darren following and tried to apprehend him, when he ducked into the gypsy camp and never reappeared.”

“He must have slipped out unnoticed.”

“The Police are pretty sure that didn’t happen and he hasn’t shown up in any of his usual haunts. They searched the camp thoroughly and he just seemed to disappear without a trace. I very much doubt that you will be bothered by him again."

“Do you think that the gypsies killed him?”

“I have never found the gypsies to be violent, although they are very jealous of what they consider theirs. But they are a strange people with strange powers and there are things in this world much worse than death.”

At the gypsy encampment….

Yes, it was true. Darren never bothered Cassandra again and she flourished in her surroundings. Jonnie was eleven now and an A+ student. He wanted to be a Research Scientist. Cass had been promoted to assistant director of the facility and had moved with her son to the large apartment at the top of the big house.

Best of all, she was at peace with herself. It seemed to be happily ever after. But the story isn’t over just yet.

One day Cass arrived home and heard a tremendous uproar from the back of the house. There were loud voices, familiar and not so familiar, and the sound of a child crying. Jonnie! Cass rushed through the house and stopped at the closed door to the big kitchen. She turned the knob, pushed open the door and stepped through the portal, coming face to face with both her past and her future.

Page 3 of 8