Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st May 2019 at 9:11 PM
Default nannies --again
Nannies can't potty train, even if they are controlled, via a hack, or EVEN IF they become controlled the usual way (become friends, invited to move in, even marry). And this even applies TO THEIR OWN KIDS!. This has to be something codded into the nanny function; I would think someone could remove it. Ideas?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 31st May 2019 at 11:25 PM
It's a case of Munchhausen by Proxy. Makes her feel necessary. Only cure? Years and years of serious therapy!

-grinEvilly
>=)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 31st May 2019 at 11:50 PM
No, it's your game and probably a mod conflict. Nannies as nannies can potty train, although they do so rarely. As playables they have full range of options like any other playable, including potty training.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Undead Molten Llama
#4 Old 1st Jun 2019 at 12:04 AM
Yup, on the rare occasions that I use nannies, they will indeed potty train, without making them selectable/playable. Sometimes. But more often they just wait until the kid messes it's diaper and then change them. I still haven't figured out what triggers them to potty train or not, though.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Jun 2019 at 12:28 AM
Thanks. But RATS!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Forum Resident
#6 Old 7th Jun 2019 at 7:15 PM
My nannies potty train if and only if the parents have begun it already - which makes sense. You wouldn't randomly potty train someone's child when they'd not been taught by their parents lol. I find that if I leave a clean (emptied) potty and a toddler that's been maybe 1/3 or 1/2 trained with a nanny, she will pick up the rugrat and put it on the potty - so long as she's not taking care of younger siblings or taking the trash out or mopping puddles etc. when the sprog is getting desperate. In fact, if she's idling and the tot has less than 60% bladder motive, she might just put them on it before they even hit the orange. I noticed it didn't increase as quickly when nanny was training as it did when parents were, but I also realised that was because of the ineptitude and general distractification of my sim parents.

To be fair to them though, I use 'no baby harassment' because I found my sim parents starving and deciding randomly to read to their offspring instead of feeding or changing them or themselves far too often. Or queue stomping to go stand there and wait to change a sleeping toddler that's minding its own business for once. Technically then, it's my fault then that the poor mites are so hard to potty train, but you win some you lose some.
Theorist
#7 Old 7th Jun 2019 at 8:43 PM
Nanny also won't potty train while stealing from the family's money tree, swimming in the pool, playing video games or chess, using the bathroom every 10 minutes or shorting out the trash compactor. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.