Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd May 2012 at 1:02 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Only stray dogs of one breed will come to lot
I am playing a sim that runs a homeless pet shelter and adopts stray pets that visit her home and so far only one cat has come and the only other pets that have come have been dogs of the same breed. I have gotten by it just by changing the look of the pet. But I was curious to know if anyone else had this issue and if they knew how to fix it. I have not installed any custom content for a month and the only cheat codes I use are aging off, motherlode, and maxmotives.

I am going to play my other sims tonight to see if I get the same issue on other lots.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd May 2012 at 1:46 AM
If you're playing with a default game, you should see all the same default strays everyone else does, and that includes more than just one breed of dog. Are you sure you're not simply seeing the same stray multiple times?

It's not clear from what you've said, but if you've adopted all the original stray dogs into playable families and all the newly generated replacement strays are the same, then I agree you've got something weird going on. To figure out what, you probably need to go through the Game Problem FAQ. http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...lp:Game_Problem

Playing other lots isn't going to give you any insight into the problem. Neighborhoods have a particular stray population, period. It doesn't change based on which lot you're playing.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd May 2012 at 3:51 AM Last edited by Maia : 23rd May 2012 at 4:28 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Darby
If you're playing with a default game, you should see all the same default strays everyone else does, and that includes more than just one breed of dog. Are you sure you're not simply seeing the same stray multiple times?

It's not clear from what you've said, but if you've adopted all the original stray dogs into playable families and all the newly generated replacement strays are the same, then I agree you've got something weird going on. To figure out what, you probably need to go through the Game Problem FAQ. http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...lp:Game_Problem

Playing other lots isn't going to give you any insight into the problem. Neighborhoods have a particular stray population, period. It doesn't change based on which lot you're playing.

Different dogs all the time. I looked through the faq and I didn't see anything that would explain this.

EDIT: I took out all my custom content and I still have this issue. Still trying.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd May 2012 at 4:08 AM Last edited by Darby : 23rd May 2012 at 4:26 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Maia
Different dogs all the time.

I'm sorry - I have no idea what that's supposed to mean. (ETA: Got it, I think. You're seeing dogs with different names that are all the same breed. Are they identical in appearance? And how many are we talking about here? Also, you didn't say whether these are the original strays, or strays that have replaced the ones you've made playable.)

The Game Problem FAQ isn't designed to (can't possibly) list every potential problem that might occur in the game. What it's designed to do is walk you through various procedures that you DO in order to find and hopefully fix whatever problem you are having. Simply reading it accomplishes nothing.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd May 2012 at 4:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Darby
I'm sorry - I have no idea what that's supposed to mean. (ETA: Got it, I think. You're seeing dogs with different names that are all the same breed. Are they identical in appearance? And how many are we talking about here? Also, you didn't say whether these are the original strays, or strays that have replaced the ones you've made playable.)

The Game Problem FAQ isn't designed to (can't possibly) list every potential problem that might occur in the game. What it's designed to do is walk you through various procedures that you DO in order to find and hopefully fix whatever problem you are having. Simply reading it accomplishes nothing.

Different named dogs and same breed and coloring. Yes, some dogs that I adopted out come back as well as new ones with different names keep coming. Still no cats. As I said in the other post the CC is not the issue as I took it ALL out and still had the problem. Hopefully someone will come along that knows what to do.