Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 9:04 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife, Pets
Default My pets have disappeared
Hiya everyone!

I can't believe I'm back again I'm kind of starting to hate this game!

Ok so just now I tried to play and 3 of my pets (2 from one house, 1 from another house) have completely disappeared! They have gone off the little family members bar on the left of the screen, my sims have no memories of them at all and they're not showing up on Sim PE either (I looked in Sim Surgery, I only know how to export appearances so that's the only bit I'm familiar with).

I'm completely baffled, the only thing I can think of, is when I was on Bodyshop the other day, I was in Build/Clone a sim, and right at the end were some freaky looking versions of my pets, so I deleted them using the delete icon at the bottom right.

I don't know if that could be it, does anyone know? I didn't think it would affect my game, I thought it was just the appearances of them, like when you make clothes and you export the textures first.

Also I can't remember if I had played with my pets before or after I did that (it was yesterday I played with them last but I can't remember when I was in Bodyshop).

It's not the whole neighbourhood as one of my other houses has a cat and he's still there.

And there are still strays running around.

I looked at the files in my older saved game, but couldn't see any difference. I checked Downloads, Packaged Sims, Saved Sims, and Pet Breeds.

You must all be sick of me by now, but I would be really grateful if anyone knows what to do!

Thankyou
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 9:54 AM
there are some strange things going on around your sims,
but hey, at least your not afraid to ask for help

starting at the bottom of your post:
if any pet is still there it should be right there in the saved/packaged or in downloads

ooh and do be careful not to delete anything from the pet breeds folder, you want to keep all species available
the only thing going there is the basic pet-breeds from the EP anyway

and the first thing you mentioned:
if body-shop loaded them, that would be weird because that program is for humanoid sims only, so it should not even do that.
and I never saw any of the CAS-build sims in BS before either

to be more clear on that I made some sims in CAS and exported them so they can be used again later
but they are not loaded by BS even if I want to (mine appear in the projects folder too for some reason) because the files are not made for BS
(at least that is what BS says when I try)

but if it was the animals you saw they would indeed be gone for ever that way because that delete icon removes the package for that selected sim
how your other sims lost every memory of them ever existing is beyond my knowledge
as is the "can you fix this?" question

remove me from your history, I'm not interrested in this site anymore
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Apr 2012 at 12:39 AM
Thanks for replying. I know, it's so weird!

I have loaded an earlier save and started again wish me luck!

Thanks for trying to help.