Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 3:55 PM
Default Custom guitars and facial hair?
I was looking for a simple fu manchu style mustache. It's so simple, but it took me forever to find in Sims 3 too! Can't make a proper Toki Wartooth without a fu! Also, looking to find other guitars. Preferably not shaped like bunnies. xD Anyone seen anything like that?

< - Fu Manchu
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kara Zor-El
I was looking for a simple fu manchu style mustache. It's so simple, but it took me forever to find in Sims 3 too! Can't make a proper Toki Wartooth without a fu! Also, looking to find other guitars. Preferably not shaped like bunnies. xD Anyone seen anything like that?

< - Fu Manchu

I had a wee go at the facial hair, and ran into a few snags...

It turns out that at the moment, with the current release of Color Magic, you can't create an additional swatch for facial hair... It'll show the swatch, but when you click on it, it just applies the default texture. So, you have to replace a default... Which sucks. I chose the 5-o-clock shadow, as it doesn't have a mesh & is only a texture (I'm new to modding & can't do meshes). I only did one colour, brown, since your sauce image has a brown 'tache & I don't have a lot of free time to do all the colours.

And quite frankly, I think it looks terrible. I'm not at all happy with it. I used the texture from the full beard, and just trimmed it down to fumanchu shape, then applied it to the 5oc shadow package. It seems to appear a lot lighter in-game than it does in paintshop... Maybe 'coz I used the shadow texture as a base, which is transparent, and maybe the game applies a transparency that isn't on the DDS image... I dunno, like I said I'm still learning.

But, I've included the .package in this post so you can use it for now until someone who's actually good at this works the facial hair out properly. The picture shows where to find it in CAS, it's the 3rd from the left, the brown one.

Please don't take this as an example of my skillzorz (or lack thereof), as I said, I'm new to this & have no idea what I'm doing.

Hope you like it anyway, even though it does look a bit like he's just smeared some poo on his face!
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Biggus_FuManchu_Quite_Bad.rar (4.2 KB, 197 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 18th Feb 2020 at 7:57 AM
Just created Dethklok, so thank you for Toki's 'stache!

What a lovely way to burn