Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Mar 2024 at 12:37 AM
Default Live Action Movie in the Works?
So on social media, I seen headlines a few times about a The Sims Adaptation Movie of Barbie Producer being in the works. What are your thoughts about it?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Mar 2024 at 1:50 AM
I think it's a waste of time.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 22nd Mar 2024 at 2:01 AM
Will it include all the bugs?
Like there could be a hilarious scene where a family tries to organize sitting down for dinner that should take up half an hour or so
Heaven forbid any of them max out their bladder function during the meal
Then at half time you have to pay another $20 to watch the second half

Made properly it could be fun though... as long as the cinema crew clear out the caches before the next show...

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥ Now playing Sims 4 but not as EA intended.....
Theorist
#4 Old 22nd Mar 2024 at 10:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Flaygor
Will it include all the bugs?
Like there could be a hilarious scene where a family tries to organize sitting down for dinner that should take up half an hour or so
Heaven forbid any of them max out their bladder function during the meal
Then at half time you have to pay another $20 to watch the second half

Made properly it could be fun though... as long as the cinema crew clear out the caches before the next show...

Don't forget the incest and vomit Mac and Cheese.

I wonder if this is "Project Delores." Will I watch it? Nah, I'm good. I'm not a fan of Hollywood and honestly it feels like they're trollin'. Their game is being held together with duct tape and here they are spreading their attention thinner and not fixing their mess which apparently has allowed them to start this thing.

This isn't the first time they've talked about making a movie.
Smeg Head
#5 Old 22nd Mar 2024 at 10:50 AM Last edited by coolspear1 : 22nd Mar 2024 at 11:24 AM.
It'd be another nail in the coffin for thinking they (Maxis) would ever seriously consider rolling up their sleeves and getting down to the hard, nitty-gritty work of fixing those many, many bugs.

If they are making a movie of this game, then everything must be A-Okay with it and Maxis can lay back in glory of how well they have done and all that they have achieved. (Considering it was old extinct Maxis and granddad Will who achieved all that, why should modern, half-arsed, unqualified Maxis get the acclaim and accolades?)

Though it would be just lovely if said movie were a mockumentory style outing showing all the guffs, broken packs and excessive patching blunders modern Maxis are infamous for. Perhaps Ricky Gervais can play the fuckwit boss over at Maxis HQ.

But a movie about Sims themselves. Just actors with plumbobs over their heads, with no actual god-like players controlling them on the other side of that giant computer monitor screen in the sky. Why ffs?!

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Theorist
#6 Old 22nd Mar 2024 at 11:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
It'd be another nail in the coffin for thinking they (Maxis) would ever seriously consider rolling up their sleeves and getting down to the hard, nitty-gritty work of fixing those many, many bugs.

There is a teeny spot in my monkey brain that thinks they will try to do something in good faith. Logically I know that isn't coming, but that teeny spot is being worked on. While it won't take years like it did to let go of my TS1 and TS2 discs, the end goal to let sims and video games in general, go...
Forum Resident
#7 Old 22nd Mar 2024 at 12:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
There is a teeny spot in my monkey brain that thinks they will try to do something in good faith....

I think so, actually, no I don't..... But I am confident they'll make you buy the sequel in 20 five minute "scene packs" which turn out to be just out-takes from the first movie.....

p.s. You can't have a Monkey brain.... you're a cat FFS!

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥ Now playing Sims 4 but not as EA intended.....