Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 3:15 AM
Please help - problem with new hair and rabbit...
Okay, I am having an on-going problem with many of my new hair downloads.

In both Bodyshop and in the Create-A-Family screen in the game, I have 38 (yes thirty-eight) rabbit heads. :weep:

When I move the mouse over them in Bodyshop, most have names - they are:

Hair w/side part brn by faeriegurl sc2
Jana @ tsr 2004 (4 separate rabbits)
Chazchew2005 (3 separate rabbits)
Jeanette Style for Males (5 different colors)
Sims Corner (two separate rabbits)
Sim Style
JB_blonde streaks, rotbraun and golden highlights (3 separate colors)
LongBob by Elau (blonde, brown, red and black)
and there are 15 that do not show any names at all

I know, I know...when I first installed some of the new hair skins, I forgot the meshes, so I went back and got the ones I could find. I don't know what meshes are by chazchew, Sim Style or Sims Corner (and ideas?). And I don't know any of the ones that have no names associated with them. All of the others, however, I have located and checked to make sure all of the meshes and skins are in the downloads folder with no sub-folders.

When nothing else worked, I removed all of these from my game by clicking on the trash can (where the heck does that stuff go to anyway), and then re-downloaded the ones I could find (including the meshes). They still show up as that God-awful rabbit!

Elau has a post that says the game creates the preview only the first time something's loaded, and that the bunny does not go away if you re-install the meshes and skins. What am I to do?

How the heck do I get rid of the stinking rabbit?? I've hated the rabbit in the game to begin with - from the moment I laid eyes on him, I hated that feature - it was the only thing about the SIMS 2 that REALLY REALLY got on my nerves. Now I'm being haunted by the miserable thing everywhere I look! I'm going to have a breakdown.

Can someone please please help me figure this out? I've tried everything short of reinstalling the entire game just to get this fixed. I'll take any ideas at this point.

Thanks everyone!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 3:27 AM
Roflol,

You need the mesh and that will clear up all the rabbit heads. The mesh is offered as Well Dressed Sims. It was free for downloading, yet I have not been able to find it. Write a private message to BriAnna here at MST2, she created the Mesh and let her direct you to the mesh.

Too funny!!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 5:05 AM
You can get my WDS long hair mesh from http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=45578, but I don't know if all those people used my mesh.

To reset your thumbnails (previews), you have to go into My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Thumbnails and delete the cas thumbnails package.
#4 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 5:15 AM
Default Im trying sooo hard to get long hair
BIG question... Why would you reset your thumbnails? Like many others i am trying soo hard to get long hair into my game. I downloaded a mesh but it comes as a package file and i dont know what to do with it. I have no idea how to get any of this into my game, and i really want to try. Please, if you have any helpful information pleas give it to me!??!

Lab Assistant
#5 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 5:23 AM
The mesh package and the skin package both go into your downloads folder.

Why would you reset thumbnails? If, like mpr712, you start the game with only the skin package (you forgot the mesh) and the game defaults to bunny head -- AND draws a bunny head thumbail. So if you go get the right mesh later -- the game will show it properly when it's on a sim, but it will still look like a bunny in the thumbnails in bodyshop & cas: forever. Unless you reset the thumbnails by deleting the file I mentioned.

BriAnna

Quote: Originally posted by Alias017
BIG question... Why would you reset your thumbnails? Like many others i am trying soo hard to get long hair into my game. I downloaded a mesh but it comes as a package file and i dont know what to do with it. I have no idea how to get any of this into my game, and i really want to try. Please, if you have any helpful information pleas give it to me!??!

Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 5:36 AM
BriAnna - THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been going crazy. I will do as you suggested and then just delete any remaining bunny heads since I don't think I'd be able to find the original download site. Your mesh and instruction on how to reset thumbnails will surely help.

Thank you again!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 6:06 AM
mPR712, BriAnna put a link in her post to the mesh. Click the link.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=45578
Test Subject
#8 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 8:51 AM
Default Maybe a teeny bit of help
I can't help you with your bunnies problem but I can tell you what meshes some of these 'dos are missing.

The Sims Style site has some recolors of several different meshes: The long ponytail by chriko, MimeWhite's full bodied long "fuzzy" hair (I think he called it, it's on this site) and both of Big Bad Shar's long hair meshes (they're on this site somewhere, one is long straight hair the other is an over the shoulder ponytail). She also recolored one of Elau's meshes, but seems you've gotten to his site already to find the req. mesh(es).

You have several files which need the Jeanette Biedermann hair mesh as well...that mesh should take care of the JB_etc files as well as the chazchiu, Janna, and Jeanette Biedermann for men ones.

Hope this helped a bit.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 9:29 AM
This is why I LOVE THIS SITE!!! Everyone here is SO incredibly helpful. You are all amazing! I have found everything I needed (and was missing) thanks to your help. Can't thank you enough.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 10:37 PM
Hi,

I tried this and it still didn't work for me. The preview is still of the bunny head. The ones I have showing in bunny head are a few from sims corner, bubbleberri, and Elau. Once I click on the bunnyhead, the hair is there but the preview is still bunnyhead..
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 24th Mar 2005 at 1:18 AM
I know my long dreadlocked hair that I made needs the WDS mesh to work. So far I have only used BriAnnas mesh and the Jeanette Biedermann mesh. In my Body shop when I originally downloaded Briannas hair the first file was a bunny head but all the rest following that hair were correct thumbnails.
Test Subject
#12 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 8:46 AM
But , Now the link does not work O_____O , soo... can you(BriAnna) can you put again the link :3 pleease