Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims 3 Dashboard tool (Updated 1st July 2022: v1.3.8217.25892)

by Tashiketh Posted 15th Jan 2010 at 11:51 PM - Updated 1st Jul 2022 at 2:25 PM by Tashiketh

2153 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1627 Feedback Posts, 525 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 83 of 87
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2051 Old 11th Sep 2017 at 4:23 PM
I saw this on a video to fix lag and such in Sims 3. I downloaded and ran etc etc but it says I have literally nothing lol, not a single file showed up. Is there a way I can fix that or did I do something wrong or something?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2052 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 3:57 AM
Anything that helps us with Sims 3 is welcome ... thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2053 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 12:45 AM
Thanks, now I know why my mods weren't loading...I had Sims 2 files in there...
#fail
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2054 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 5:20 PM
First, nice job with this mod! I downloaded it, but have a question.

Do I need to put this in a specific folder under the Sims 3 folder in the Electronic Arts File? I ask, because when I downloaded and ran this mod, none of the files showed up on the dashboard. I'm assuming this is a good thing, but I want to make sure that I have this in the right folder. I have a Windows 8.1 that I upgraded to Windows 10. I tried putting it into the Mods folder then moved it to the downloads folder. It was originally on my desktop. Again, same result in all three places.

I just want to make sure that I have it in the right place

Thanks for this mod, btw.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2055 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 3:08 PM
Hello, could anyone help me please? I have windows 10 (don't know if that's important); I downloaded this and when I run it none of my mods show up in there. I also use cc magic but I moved my mods from there to mods/packges just for this program. Why are they not showing up?

EDIT
Never mind I solved it dumb me , just had to click File in the upper corner and select which folder to scan...

Thanks a lot for this mod
Test Subject
#2056 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 6:53 PM
Default bad compression...sims 4 etc
Quote: Originally posted by kjohnson8915
DID NOT WORK. I uninstalled my whole game and started over and I still have this issue..

I saw this in a video for fixing the sims issues and it works perfect for me. Download S3PE. Open each file with this program. If they don't open then they are definitely sims 4 not 3 and should be deleted pronto. That's it.

Emily
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2057 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 9:16 AM
Worked brilliantly for me, sorted out a few duplicates for me and even a sims 2 file I had no idea was that type Thank you
Test Subject
#2058 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 12:01 AM
Default Id like to ask.
Can this be updated to find Sims 4 Packages?
Lab Assistant
#2059 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 5:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jake Lucas
Worked brilliantly for me, sorted out a few duplicates for me and even a sims 2 file I had no idea was that type Thank you

Well you're one of the lucky ones. I download this program and I can't even get it to open. Totally useless and probably outdated now.

"Life without LOVE is NO life at all"
Test Subject
#2060 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 9:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ange1face20
Well you're one of the lucky ones. I download this program and I can't even get it to open. Totally useless and probably outdated now.

Not because it isn't working for you that something is "Totally useless"
Outdated, probably yeah, but still working as of jully 22 2018, Sims 3 v1.67

Fine to check small problems but still better being careful when you download something yourself.
Good idea reading this if you have issues understanding this software :
http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...y_Dashboard.pdf

Be careful if you own sims 4, don't mix sims 3 and sims 4 packages in the same folder tree
Test Subject
#2061 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 1litre
Do you own the Sims 4? I moved the mydocuments Sims 4 to the desktop and then the problem went away.

This worked for me. Thanks! ^_^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2062 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 11:56 PM
Thank goodness I found this. I never had much issues with mods except for when I recently tried using the MasterControl mod. As of 8/27/2018 this program still works for Sims 3 with the current patch at this time. (I forget what number, I think ~1.69 something). Reading here doesn't give the full explanation how to use it, but a quick google search brought me this site, where it explains more in-depth how to understand and use this program:

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/...-dashboard.html
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2063 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 3:19 AM
In 2016 I had massive issues with the virus that was going around attaching furniture to sims and placing boots on folks including babies, weirdly tall sims and naked sims. This tool along with a another tool by the same creator helped me identify the issues, get rid of bad cc and scan package files before I load them in my game. I had to uninstall and reinstall my game from scratch and lost some worlds and sims, but my game has been running well since.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2064 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 3:41 AM
Crinrict has a great blog post explaining how to use this excellent tool: https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/...-dashboard.html
Test Subject
#2065 Old 2nd Jan 2019 at 3:58 PM
Default Doesn't work on Win10
Quote: Originally posted by ange1face20

Got the same problem.. I tryed to open this, blue circle for some seconds and then nothing happens..
Test Subject
#2066 Old 5th Jan 2019 at 2:14 PM
When I open Sims3Dashboard.exe the program opens up but I can't see my downloads?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2067 Old 11th Jan 2019 at 4:14 AM
Anyone know if there's a Sims 4 version?
Test Subject
#2068 Old 7th May 2019 at 5:00 AM
I can't see my downloads, it's empty.. yet I know for a fact that I still have over 600 downloads
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#2069 Old 4th Dec 2019 at 2:36 PM
Thanks for making this, I originally downloaded CUSTARD, but discovered it's only for Pack Files (I did re-download that one anyway, so that if I do start downloading those, I'll be ready). But then I found out about this!
Lab Assistant
#2070 Old 10th Feb 2020 at 10:54 AM
Thanks for this mod! I finally can see what mods conflict in my game, which could be why I used to have so many issues!
Scholar
#2071 Old 15th Feb 2020 at 1:54 AM
Glad I checked back here. I've always found this program useful, but suddenly it was giving me 'Bad Compression Flag' errors. Turned out I had indeed put a Sims 4 package in by mistake. Silly me! Glad I've got it working again because, as I said, very useful.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Test Subject
#2072 Old 1st Mar 2020 at 3:47 AM
Default Hmmm...
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
Glad I checked back here. I've always found this program useful, but suddenly it was giving me 'Bad Compression Flag' errors. Turned out I had indeed put a Sims 4 package in by mistake. Silly me! Glad I've got it working again because, as I said, very useful.

I wonder if that's the reason why it isn't working for me? I keep getting that pop up too! How can I tell if I have a Sims 4 package in my folder?
Test Subject
#2073 Old 14th Apr 2020 at 9:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by labellasunshine
I wonder if that's the reason why it isn't working for me? I keep getting that pop up too! How can I tell if I have a Sims 4 package in my folder?

I'm 100% sure that mod conflict detector for the Sims 4 can tell you this. It will mark Sims 2 and Sims 3 files and leave Sims 4 files unmarked
Lab Assistant
#2074 Old 22nd May 2020 at 2:31 AM
You are probably too busy to update this ever again but just wanted to write down some bugs I've noticed.
->Deleting multiple items only deletes half of them. So if 600 items are selected only 300 gets deleted; if 2 items are selected only 1 gets deleted. I think for the odd numbers it deletes 1 more.
->"Open with S3PE" gives an error. It's probably because it's not in Program Files in my system but it would be nice to have an option to input it's location.
->"Open file location" opens the folder that the item is contained but without the item being selected. So it loses its function when there are more than a thousand package file in a folder.
->While resizing the window, buttons and other UI elements move but picture preview doesn't. This causes it to be obscured and become invisible.
->Also not a bug but it would be really useful if it could show thumbnail previews too.
And here's a really late thank you for this great tool
Inventor
THANKS POST
#2075 Old 22nd Jun 2020 at 9:03 PM
Thank you!
Page 83 of 87