Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 7:38 AM
Default Which objects can be placed and shared?
After having seen a lot with a Lifetime Wish object ( !!! ) it fanned a passion of curiosity in me to such a degree that I think it will bother me to distraction if I can't get the answer.

My Question:
-------------
Which of these objects can be placed on a lot which will allow itself to be shared / used / activated by the downloader of the lot.

1. A book that your sim has written and placed in a bookcase
2. A book that your sim has written and placed on the floor or table
3. A Food Replicator
4. A Moodlet Manager

As you can guess, I am most interested in placing and sharing books in a bookcase. This would allow me to add some interesting tidbits to my house ( PG-13, of course ). Would anyone like to share the answers if they know?

I'm sorry if I am asking a question that has been answered several times - I searched and came up empty!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 10:32 PM
I've downloaded houses with shared paintings, so theoretically it could work.

I have a bookshelf with a ton of books my sim wrote, most are not PG-13 titled, but I'd be willing to upload the lot to rapidshare or mediafire so you could see if it works.
Site Helper
#3 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 12:49 AM
I was able to share books that were written by my sim and placed on a table.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 6:59 AM
Good to know.
Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 12:43 AM
Thank you Carlzilla and Mootilda! Here is what I did: I moved my Illustrious Author to the Monotone 1br, 1ba and set her to work painting masterpieces and writing nonfiction books. Her paintings went on the wall, her books placed in the bookshelf, and one book was placed on the table.

Then I went to Edit Town mode and evicted her, choosing the option that would not let her to pack her belongings in the family storage. Evicting her was an important step. Had I simply used the phone to move her out she would have taken everything she had purchased, including the bookcase.

With the house now empty, I shared the lot, exited, moved the file from exports to downloads, loaded the Sims browser, installed the lot, and restarted TS3. When I placed the lot and checked inside I could clearly see the book on the table. When I moved a quick sim into the lot I opened the bookcase and there were the books written by my Illustrious Author! The paintings were also on the wall as well.

So that answers my question, written books CAN be shared!