Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th May 2019 at 2:57 AM
Default Members- a request
Our greatly admired, incredible builder Volvenom is facing some serious health concerns. I want to ask you all to send her good thoughts, best wishes, hold her in the light, pray, whatever you can to support her during this very difficult time. Together we are stronger. :lovestruc

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Volvenom.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 17th May 2019 at 2:00 PM
A stemcell transplant? Now I don't know how regular these are, so I'll just hope we'll get you back healthy, well, and everything stitched back to the right place, @Volvenom.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#3 Old 17th May 2019 at 3:35 PM
Sending you lots of good vibes and best wishes. Hope everything goes well and you'll be up and running soon again! You're in my thoughts.
Theorist
#4 Old 17th May 2019 at 6:20 PM
Hope Volevenom will get better and everything will gonna be all right.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
dodgy builder
#5 Old 17th May 2019 at 7:47 PM
Ah, thank you everyone, and attuned for starting this thread :lovestruc .

It's my second time through this stamcell transplant, so I know what I'm going through, but last time I had my mom here as well. It was nicer to have her here, even though we didn't really get on that well.

I think "Rikshospitalet" is quite used to these stamcell transplants now. Many of my fellow Myeloma sufferers go through the same. It should be fine, but you just never know do you? It's quite serious with isolation and everything. I'm glad I have family to help me through it. They are planning 3 operations in 3 days. It sounds a bit much to me, but I guess they know the best. First an operation to put in a catheter thing, or whatever it's called, then a highdose of Melfalan chemotherapy drug, then the last day I will get back the stamcells they took out 3 years ago.

Thank you for your prays and good wishes :lovestruc *big hug*
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#6 Old 17th May 2019 at 11:16 PM
Hope everything goes well with your treatment and you get better.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 18th May 2019 at 11:59 AM
Volvenom, I hope your operations go smoothly and that your recovery time is all without incident. It really does help to have a support system when you have health issues, and I am glad you have that. Please be as well as you can, and know that you are thought of warmly.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 20th May 2019 at 3:59 AM
I hope everything goes well with the transplant, and I hope your situation gets better. Sorry if this is redundant but good luck
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 20th May 2019 at 4:24 AM
Hope everything goes well, praying you have a quick recovery.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#10 Old 28th May 2019 at 2:37 PM
I hope you're recovering well, Volvenom, and we'll see you back here soon!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 4th Jun 2019 at 1:16 AM
@Volvenom when you are feeling up for it, we would love to have you check in and let us know how you are :lovestruc

New at Simszoo
dodgy builder
#12 Old 4th Jun 2019 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
Volvenom when you are feeling up for it, we would love to have you check in and let us know how you are :lovestruc

@attuned Thank you very much for your love :lovestruc Everyone else as well. You are so lovely.

I'm doing fine, just very bored in hospital, and my throat ia aching. It's hard to eat because of my throat. Everytime I have to swallow it hurts, and I've tried several drugs, but none of them works. I tried lidocain in a syringe, but I just couldn't hit the right place.

Oh well. Whatever *sigh*.

I'm doing fine though. I'm off antibiotics, but I might have to start up again if my temperature rises.

I'm just waiting at the moment. Waiting for my immunsystem to come back to normal. In the meantime I watch series on the hospital cable network. Tomorrow I will try a spinning bike, and other fitness machines, because muscles are important for my back.

It would have been so nice if I could just go home and pickup my laptop.

Perhaps I can go home on Sunday
Alchemist
#13 Old 4th Jun 2019 at 10:51 PM
Nice to hear you're recovering well, sucks you don't have your laptop with you. Must be somewhat boring.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#14 Old 5th Jun 2019 at 12:51 AM
Thanks for your message Volvenom. It is so good to hear from you!

I am happy to hear you are doing well.

I hope you will be going home soon.

New at Simszoo
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 5th Jun 2019 at 7:21 AM
At least you have your phone. Glad to hear that so far everything went well and I hope your throat will get back to normal soon, too. Hang in there, I keep my fingers crossed you can go home soon!
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#16 Old 5th Jun 2019 at 7:41 AM
Glad you are doing better. Sorry about your throat, if it is from having an endotracheal tube in-that too generally gets better a few days after extubation. Hope the rest of your recovery goes smoothly and you are able return home in short order.
dodgy builder
#17 Old 5th Jun 2019 at 10:14 AM
The doc said my immunsystem has started to rebuild, and I can go home perhaps tomorrow, if I can manage on my own. It's very nice with free meals ready made at the hospital, but making my own soups shouldn't be a problem. My throat can't handle anything else.

I'm leaving hair everywhere as well I have picked a wig already.

My throat problems comes from the Melfalan chemo drug they gave me. I never had a tube luckily. They have a CVK access to my bloodstream already, they could give nourishment through that.
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 5th Jun 2019 at 3:34 PM
Wow, that's super fast! I agree, being at home is so much more comfortable. Glad to hear you can move around normally and don't have to be in quarantine.
Theorist
#19 Old 6th Jun 2019 at 10:34 PM
I saw one film at TLC russian channel for a week ago. Actually it was not TV show. It has name First in human. There is a film of four (maybe much I don't know) people who decided to test some new medicine to fight against bone cancer. I was seeing this like any TV show first. There are many contest TV shows actually. About how to live at empty island or some contests with quests to challenge your strength. But this was different. They have showed some background of doctors who made science researches. Even showed stamcell transplant. I was shocked three of them died at the end. Because it's not just another TV show. I thought that time was the most cruel thing I saw on the TV.

I can't say I am afraid but hope your type Myeloma is not very heavy. I wish your body will have enough power to fight this. Hope you will survive and fight this desease at last.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
dodgy builder
#20 Old 8th Jun 2019 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
I saw one film at TLC russian channel for a week ago. Actually it was not TV show. It has name First in human. There is a film of four (maybe much I don't know) people who decided to test some new medicine to fight against bone cancer. I was seeing this like any TV show first. There are many contest TV shows actually. About how to live at empty island or some contests with quests to challenge your strength. But this was different. They have showed some background of doctors who made science researches. Even showed stamcell transplant. I was shocked three of them died at the end. Because it's not just another TV show. I thought that time was the most cruel thing I saw on the TV.

I can't say I am afraid but hope your type Myeloma is not very heavy. I wish your body will have enough power to fight this. Hope you will survive and fight this desease at last.

They keep telling me 3 years between treatments are light. I know I'm lucky. I have been at conferences for myeloma every year. It's very educational. I see fellow sufferers who has lost 10 cm on their back and ends up in a wheelchair, or the guy who had to take chemo twice each week for the rest of his life.

It's hard to understand how chemo works if you haven't tried it. Every other patient I tell it to reacts very emotional to it.

Anyways. I don't know if I'm repeating myself now.

I was released yesterday, and today was my first full day on my own. I tried to keep the same rutine as they introduced taking my temperature twice a day. I had 37,7 now, but I was told not to call until I had 38. I'm making dinner now, takkng tablets.

Now I have to check the level of cancer cells, so called light chains or M-component, hopefully they will take long time to rise again.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 10th Jun 2019 at 1:17 AM
So happy to hear you're home!! I know it is hard to stick to a routine, but please take very good care of you. :lovestruc

New at Simszoo
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 6:14 PM
Hi Volvenom, how are you? How is it going at home? I imagine it's quite difficult to follow all the routines you have to without the aid of nurses and other medical staff.