Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jun 2019 at 5:40 PM Last edited by Velcósitro : 10th Jun 2019 at 12:43 AM.
Default How can I check a sim vacational memento?
Hi, I want to check for the "A singing pirate?"(Learned a sea chantey) memento in a sim. But I can't find a way. It is a token? Do I need the guid of the memento?

EDIT: I found a way, see post #8
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by st_d
Yes, vacation skills of all sorts are all tokens, and you can search for them in PJSE-> Resource Finder. Tick OBJD so that it comes up with the resource holding the GUID. Now you have to get creative, because there are A LOT of spelling mistakes in the original files. So if it's chantey, chanty or shanty..
Additionally, since it's an option that shows sometimes when you click another Sim (meaning if the active Sim has the token) -- that tells you there already is a guardian BHAV checking for exactly this. Use the same Resource Finder, tick BHAV and search for whichever was the winner of the previous search. Usually guardians have "TEST" in their name.

I have found the token, it's GUID is 0x130D8CA1 and is called "Token - Learned Sea Shanty", I found some of the BHAVs too but I'm still trying to make the condition to check if a sim have it, I'll keep trying and update this when something (or nothing) happens. Thank you very much.

PD: I'm a Ravenclaw too, and thanks for the diploma mod, it's so much better than the default one (I translated it to spanish for my game).
Forum Resident
#3 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 6:56 PM
You're welcome
I wonder what you're up to. Are you making.. a campfire group song?

Oooooh! I hope it IS a campfire sing-along!! There's already several simlish traditional campfire songs that could be stolen *AHEM* borrowed from TS1... "On Top of Old Smoky", "She'll be Coming 'Round the Mountain" and "Michael Row Your Boat Ashore"... Those would be awesome!

♫ My goat knows the bowling score, halleluuuuuuujah! ♫

-grinEvilly
>=)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 7:15 PM
You're welcome
I wonder what you're up to. Are you making.. a campfire group song?

Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
Oooooh! I hope it IS a campfire sing-along!!

Sorry, have nothing to do with that.

This is just for a custom event where the sim enter to the beach, then I check if that sim have a job in a specific career (that's done already), then check if he/she knows the sea chantey (that's not working yet) and then activates the event (it's part of a big personal thing I'm doing, maybe I'll share it in the future).
Forum Resident
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 2:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Velcósitro
Sorry, have nothing to do with that.

This is just for a custom event where the sim enter to the beach, then I check if that sim have a job in a specific career (that's done already), then check if he/she knows the sea chantey (that's not working yet) and then activates the event (it's part of a big personal thing I'm doing, maybe I'll share it in the future).

Oh, well GOOD LUCK!!

-gE
>=)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Jun 2019 at 12:21 AM Last edited by Velcósitro : 10th Jun 2019 at 12:51 AM.
I did it! I took a look at the original TEST bhav for the sea chantey, and after so many tries I found my way out to use it correctly:

[prim 0x0033] Manage Inventory (Find Token Of GUID,
token: GUID 0x130D8CA1,
Category: 0x00 - any,
Inventory (counted): Neighbor: Local 0x0002,
index: Local 0x0000)

That's what SimPE shows for the Find Token of GUID option, but there is something more to that, since it's counted you can get the count value. I used a Local 0x0001 to save it, in the original bhav it was set to 0, but I'm using 0 as the index. The operands for that are:

0B 19 02 00 06 A1 8C 0D
13 00 19 00 00 19 01 00

The last 3 operands are used to get the count, Local (19) 0x0001 (01 00). A sim with 6 or more of this token (GUID 130D8CA1) knows the sea chantey. I hope this helps someone that needs it in the future for this kind of tokens.