Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 10:28 AM Last edited by fascisthater : 30th Jul 2019 at 9:52 PM.
Default TS3- Residential lot questions-feedback appreciated(uploaded)
I have a WIP lot that I have some questions about.
The first three screenshots shows current exterior. Screenshots 6&7 were taken earlier before minor changes but I haven't taken more recent pics of those sides yet.

1st question- I have a pool located on 2nd floor of house but there is a definite line between regular wall and pool wall that can be seen in pics 3&7 to left of statue. I have tried several times to rebuild wall and reinsert pool but still gap prevails. I may have to get taller plant to conceal flaw if no has better suggestion about how to fix.

2nd question- I tried several times to get area on 3rd floor to have a flat green masonry color like the one below using same RGB numbers with a flat masonry textue but they never seemed to look the same. I eventually ended up using same type of wall as floor below and just cloning color onto border section. I suppose it looks alright but is there a way to achieve this or is this just a limitation?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 6:24 PM
These are 2 things which are annoying indeed. The problem with the pool will prevail if you have the pool directly connected to any walls. Either move the pool away from the wall 1 tile (which leaves you with a silly gap, but you'd have a normal wall), or add said bushes.

I'm not really sure about the 2nd problem as it could be due to a few things, and I can't check for myself at the moment. (Origin needs a better offline mode...)

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#3 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fascisthater
I have a WIP lot that I have some questions about.
The first three screenshots shows current exterior. Screenshots 6&7 were taken earlier before minor changes but I haven't taken more recent pics of those sides yet.

*Cracking fingers*
1st question- I have a pool located on 2nd floor of house but there is a definite line between regular wall and pool wall that can be seen in pics 3&7 to left of statue. I have tried several times to rebuild wall and reinsert pool but still gap prevails. I may have to get taller plant to conceal flaw if no has better suggestion about how to fix.

I have no any issues about making a gap between windows and pool border. More I can say. Why not to make 2-tile or 3-tile gap, huh? In real life pools are usually not sticking to outer walls. You can see a lot of examples. Just write google "pool indoors".
I have no ability to make here attatchements. Something is wrong with MTS. I added some examples I found to match your windows. Sorry for stolen traffic)

2nd question- I tried several times to get area on 3rd floor to have a flat green masonry color like the one below using same RGB numbers with a flat masonry textue but they never seemed to look the same. I eventually ended up using same type of wall as floor below and just cloning color onto border section. I suppose it looks alright but is there a way to achieve this or is this just a limitation?

As I remember from TS3 fronton roof painting. It repeats texture tiling all height long. So the best way to avoid any fronton lines is to use an extra CFE'd 4th level and then choose plain wall with same blue mansory as all levels below.)
Additionly. I think free lot space around this mansion is not quite enough.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Staff - Moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 10:34 PM
@Johnny_Bravo and Victor_tor thank you both for your input. It just seems that pool walls are not as thick as regular walls which seems to create the problem. I did place some taller plants(look a bit wild) but should obscure this flaw. This is a 20x 30 lot so space is sort of tight. I will try more textures to see if there are some that let me copy color. I will post more pictures of interior once I get it decorated.
Screenshots
Staff - Moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 10:00 PM
Small update-Replaced 20x30 lot on 30x30 one and added a few other structures outside as Victor_tor was right about lot size seeming too small. Also a few screenshots of interior(may be subject to change given OCD).
Screenshots