Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Oct 2013 at 5:26 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default I moved sims to a new neighborhood (I know, bad idea), can I delete that neighborhood?
So... Like an idiot I moved a sims family to a new neighborhood by putting the lot they were living in into the Lots & Houses bin, then placed the lot in Veronaville. When I tried clicking on their lot, they were gone and the house was for sale. However, in their old neighborhood they both have family ties which are still in existence. After reading the SimsWiki I found out that it will cause lots of errors if I don't delete Veronaville. But if I do could that hurt my game more since both these sims have multiple family ties in a different neighborhood?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Oct 2013 at 6:09 PM
You've already one the damage and created the errors, I'm afraid, so whatever you do now (as long as it doesn't involve moving more families/placing that family into a 'hood again) can't really make things worse. The copy of your family in Veronaville isn't linked to their original neighbourhood at all any more - which is why the neighbourhoods are now corrupted - so if you want to delete Veronaville, that won't do any harm.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Oct 2013 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
You've already one the damage and created the errors, I'm afraid, so whatever you do now (as long as it doesn't involve moving more families/placing that family into a 'hood again) can't really make things worse. The copy of your family in Veronaville isn't linked to their original neighbourhood at all any more - which is why the neighbourhoods are now corrupted - so if you want to delete Veronaville, that won't do any harm.

Alrighty. Do you have any idea why the family is gone? They are no longer on the lot, or townies (though they are listed as town residents, but I can't invite them over or anything). I'm guessing there's no way to get them back?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th Oct 2013 at 10:41 PM
Both hoods are now corrupt which means anything can happen including disappearing sims.. The hood you took them from and the hood you moved them to. If you want to save your sims you will need to extract there likeness with SimPE and jot down everything you want to keep about them so you can set them back up as they were. Make sure if you do extract sims that you clone them in body shop and delete the extracted sim, keeping the clone.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 28th Oct 2013 at 11:55 PM
Are you saying that they still exist in the old 'hood but not in Veronaville? Or are they gone from both?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Oct 2013 at 12:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Both hoods are now corrupt which means anything can happen including disappearing sims.. The hood you took them from and the hood you moved them to. If you want to save your sims you will need to extract there likeness with SimPE and jot down everything you want to keep about them so you can set them back up as they were. Make sure if you do extract sims that you clone them in body shop and delete the extracted sim, keeping the clone.

I see.. Unfortunately I have a Mac therefore SimPE isn't available..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Oct 2013 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Are you saying that they still exist in the old 'hood but not in Veronaville? Or are they gone from both?

They're gone from both, but if I use the "Make Me Know Everyone" cheat on any residents of Veronaville they will show up in their contacts but you aren't able to call them/summon them/invite them over. The only trace of them in their old 'hood is their family ties.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 29th Oct 2013 at 1:04 AM
Do you have a backup? If not it sounds like they are gone. You would probably do best to reset your hoods (if they are both game hoods) and start of fresh.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~