Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 1:07 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Specific EP Custom Content
After I made something in Bodyshop, my Open For Business stopped working. In my user (admin) with a large amount of downloads, (4 GB, Yes I know I should just STOP at this point), when I started the game, all I got was was this:

On my other users, the game started up fine (minimal cc, and no cc) and warned me that ofb was uninstalled, even though all of it's files, and program files are still there.

so now my question is if there is a program or strategy to remove or identify certain EP custom content, because I'm going to take out all my OFB content so that I can continute playing with my admin user game.

Any machinima support or tips sent to me will be VERY much appreciated!
I love the MTS Community!
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 1:19 AM
Normally that error just means you need to clear your cache files. Did you try that?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 2:13 AM Last edited by kpkeila : 25th Jul 2013 at 11:03 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Normally that error just means you need to clear your cache files. Did you try that?

No, i'll try that. Thanks!

edit: Thank you! That seemed to solve my first problem, my then another rose. I can use Open for Business Custom Contet, or mods, or hacks, that requires it, but the game thinks that I dont have it installed and all my Open for Business buy and build mode things disappeared.

Any machinima support or tips sent to me will be VERY much appreciated!
I love the MTS Community!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 4:31 AM
Are you using the Sims 2 Launcher?

I'm thinking all through the night
I could be yours just like before
Rewrite another try
'Cause we've had the loneliest time
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#5 Old 4th Aug 2013 at 3:08 PM
Here are the instructions on how to bypass the launcher: Sims2Wiki - Bypassing Launcher. Let us know if you have any questions.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects