Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 1:43 AM Last edited by Siofra : 20th Feb 2013 at 2:22 AM. Reason: solved

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default No adults at owned businesses - solved
This affects both home and community owned businesses. I can get teens and elders, and I think I can get YA, but I'm not entirely sure. I'm also not sure how this affects playable versus townie sims, because the hood I've been looking at is just getting started (It's a BaCC), but I'm fairly sure playables are allowed. All sims are allowed on unowned community lots.

This really seems like a hack conflict, but I haven't a clue which one. Before I booted up this last time, I went through and cleaned out my hacks folder to remove anything I thought might be the problem, but it's still occurring. The spoiler tag shows my HCDU output, removing things that are obviously not the problem, eg, recolorable stairs:

This tag is my entire HCDU output:

Looking back through that, I seem to have overlooked YAshoppers, by Squinge. I checked out the thread and rest of Squinge's section, and found no mention of this problem, so I'm not sure. It will be removed at my next test.

My game is booted at the moment, so my next testing will be tomorrow. Removing all CC/all hacks isn't really an option, because I don't want to potentially corrupt/disrupt my hoods without them. All hacks are in the same folder. I guess I'm just looking at a place to start.

Can anyone else see a potential conflict?
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 1:45 AM
Both the ones that are listed as possible conflict with the visitor controller seem prime suspects.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 1:49 AM Last edited by Siofra : 20th Feb 2013 at 2:21 AM.
Now that you mention it, Vampire Walkbys is a fairly recent addition. Watch Kids, I'm not sure - it really doesn't make sense that it would, but Sims and hacks are often wonky like that. I'll be sure to check those out. Thank you, Matt!

Edit:

In the same bootup, I now have two adults on my lot. Apparently, it just took them a while to show up. I guess it was one of the ones I removed before this. So, never mind I guess, nd sorry for the false post.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 4:31 AM
If you make a backup of your hood, you can take out the Downloads folder without fear, because if something bad happens in testing you just put the backup in place. That's why it's the first step in the FAQ.

And hack conflicts don't have to make any sense to be real. Cyjon's Slower LTA Acquisition stops time on my vacation lots - how does that make any sense? As far as I can tell, the problem is unique to me, too - some combination of my game configuration and the position of the stars, or something. Glad you solved it this time, but next time, make that backup, roll up your sleeves, and work it systematically.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Locked thread | Locked by: julianarosalia Reason: solved