Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 3:46 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Free Time
Default Help with podium sales won't reach it
I just noticed the sales people in my restaurant won't sell when the sim try to buy food at the podium, ok i use the ticket machine, after that the sims will go to the podium when i raise the food price, and afterwards lower it they will raise the buy bar by theirself, but after a while they wont buy alone, i have to interact otherwise no one will sit and eat, please anyone tell me what´s the solution for this?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 11:17 PM
If you have the ticket machine, they get charged every hour, which means they have to decide every hour whether or not they have enough money to stay, and whether or not they are being entertained enough to spend that money. Paying money to enter a restaurant, and then paying more money to eat there is just as unappealing an option for sims as it is for us. You might have better luck if you remove the ticket machine.

Inge has a modified podium at Simlogical that doesn't force sims to go home when they finish eating, so if you really want to have both the podium and the ticket machine you could get that, and then set up a club or something to keep sims interested in staying around long enough to eat.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 7:21 PM
Ghost sdoj that makes alot of sense, i tried using without the ticket machine, they still won't pay for food at the podium.. even if i lower the prices, very rarely very few sims will accept almost none, the restaurant have a good structure, big nice, so why they don't want? Can you point me the link to inge's please? I have been searching there but i saw only hotel podium nohing else, thank you.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#4 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 7:23 PM
I didn't think Sims paid for meals at the host(ess) podium at restaurants. I thought they paid via the server (waiter/waitress) after they ate.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 7:25 PM
True exactly... i meant "pay" is that buy bar thing, when they check the menu and decide to eat or not.
Site Helper
#6 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 11:23 PM
It is the hotel podium you want. It was originally made before Bon Voyage, and the name was never changed.

Customers don't like paying a lot of money until they have built up more customer loyalty, so you do need to "show menu" to most of them for a while first. But if someone with 5 stars of loyalty is still refusing ever to autonomously order, even when the prices are set at "reasonable", you may need to go through the game problem FAQ. And I usually made my playable sim the host because the host/hostess is -stupid- if they are not controlled, so I don't remember if refusing to show menu was normal or not.

(By stupid, I mean: You have 8 people waiting to be seated. Do you seat them or make a phone call? How about 3 phone calls? And firing them doesn't help, because the next one has a phone obsession, too.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 12:03 AM
I understand what you mean no i wanted the podium you said for ofb not hotel, i said i saw only hotel podium there.
Site Helper
#8 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 4:44 AM
Yes, the ofb one -is- named "hotel podium". As I said, it was made before BV, and the name was never changed. It doesn't actually work for hotels, but it does work in restaurants.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 11:01 PM
Oh Ok Ghost sdoj now is explaned... i'm going test that, thanks