Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 6:07 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Apartment Life
Default Corrupt Downtown template?
So yesterday, I went to make a downtown for one of my custom neighbourhoods. The downtown template looked corrupt (was shown gray and just a bunch of squares) but I didn't think anything of it. While I was creating my downtown, I got the message "This application has crashed. The system will now terminate" or something like that. Restarted Sims 2, figured I wasn't going to be able to make a downtown. Then, as I was playing one household, they get the "Let's go Downtown!" phone calls (When there is no downtown, it was terminated). I pressed no, seeing as I don't want further issues. Any help?

*Note: I have never had this issue before, I was able to add downtowns to my other custom neighbourhoods.

"What could I do? What should I do? What could I... what should I... It's not like I'm crying or anything! I love you!" ~Love Is War
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 4:03 PM
I don't suppose that you have a recent backup? If so, you might want to restore from before you had the problem.

I've never seen a problem like that. You might want to post your system specs.
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...lp:System_Specs
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 12:43 PM
My system specs
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 8/6/2011, 07:42:54
Machine name: OWNER-VAIO
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110408-1631)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Sony Corporation
System Model: VPCEF44FX
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) II P560 Dual-Core Processor (2 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3834MB RAM
Page File: 1733MB used, 5934MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

"What could I do? What should I do? What could I... what should I... It's not like I'm crying or anything! I love you!" ~Love Is War
Mad Poster
#4 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 4:08 PM
did you try rebooting/restarting your computer after creating the downtown?
sometimes it helps
Site Helper
#5 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 6:01 PM
You haven't listed a graphics card. Does that mean that you don't have one? If not, you should read this:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...nboard_Graphics