Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Apr 2019 at 8:22 PM Last edited by vegan_kaktus : 10th Apr 2019 at 2:38 PM.
Default Holy Simoly's simply elegant curtains updated for AL?
I love Holy Simoly's simply elegant curtains, but they don't go up and down the walls for me, even though it says "*AL versions" on the picture/download button. Does someone know why? Am I missing something?

Anyways, I found these AL fixes by HugeLunatic but the download doesn't work (even though I have the redirecter for dead box links installed) soo does someone know if HL re-uploaded them somewhere else?

Edit: sent an ask to HL on tumblr, will update this thread if I get a reply :-)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Apr 2019 at 3:13 PM
Curtains don't go up and down the walls with AL. Only pictures.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Apr 2019 at 3:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Curtains don't go up and down the walls with AL. Only pictures.

Hmm really? I have these 3-tile versions + a lot of other curtains and they go up and down the walls? :o
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Apr 2019 at 3:55 PM
Really? Maybe I just haven't tried with the right curtains.
I have some shutters that clearly are supposed to go up and down, though, as they start at floor level, and I haven't succeeded in making them do it yet. So maybe I have a mod conflict; and in that case, maybe a mod conflict is the problem with yours, too.
Rename your The Sims 2 folder and let the game generate a new one. Make a Downloads folder and put only the holy simoly curtains into it. Do they go up and down now?
Meanwhile I will report any interesting results I get from experimenting.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#5 Old 10th Apr 2019 at 4:10 PM
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Apr 2019 at 4:13 PM Last edited by vegan_kaktus : 20th Apr 2019 at 6:50 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Really? Maybe I just haven't tried with the right curtains.
I have some shutters that clearly are supposed to go up and down, though, as they start at floor level, and I haven't succeeded in making them do it yet. So maybe I have a mod conflict; and in that case, maybe a mod conflict is the problem with yours, too.
Rename your The Sims 2 folder and let the game generate a new one. Make a Downloads folder and put only the holy simoly curtains into it. Do they go up and down now?
Meanwhile I will report any interesting results I get from experimenting.

From what I know, it's not a mod conflict, is has to do with where the mesh starts at the wall I think (its height). Creators often say "I've lowered the mesh for AL users" meaning they've fixed the mesh so it doesn't turn dark when you move it up and down walls. Here is an explanation plus fixes for some meshes if you're interested!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Apr 2019 at 4:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by suzymarie64
Try this one.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,12998.0.html

Thank you, but I don't think that will fix the curtains sadly (and I think I might have it installed already?) but I'll check it out!

Edit: Yup, already had it installed :-)
Mad Poster
#8 Old 10th Apr 2019 at 5:35 PM
Have you seen this post?
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...943#post5517943

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Apr 2019 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Have you seen this post?
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...943#post5517943

Ohmy! Exactly what I was looking for - and even better! I'll install it right away :-D
Instructor
#10 Old 10th Apr 2019 at 6:34 PM
@vegan_kaktus Sorry, I misunderstood your post. Yes, I finally found it. Was looking for this hack for a long time. Should have posted it here too. I was always bothered by this and there is also somewhere else a lighting mod to fix it, but it requires too much hacking to config files, that I'm not fond of fooling around with.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th Apr 2019 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by suzymarie64
@vegan_kaktus Sorry, I misunderstood your post. Yes, I finally found it. Was looking for this hack for a long time. Should have posted it here too. I was always bothered by this and there is also somewhere else a lighting mod to fix it, but it requires too much hacking to config files, that I'm not fond of fooling around with.

No need to apologize! Thank you for finding it :-D
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#12 Old 10th Apr 2019 at 8:12 PM
@Peni Griffin
If you happen to be talking about my edits of Khakidoo's shutters, yes they are supposed to shift. So if they're not then you must have some sort of mod conflict OR may need Leefish's addition to the shiftable mod - if you don't have it (and can find it).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 10th Apr 2019 at 11:06 PM
Peni you are missing out, most of my curtains go up and down with the { } keys. I doubt I would place many curtains if they didn't.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 16th Apr 2019 at 11:42 AM
I use this ones. There are two downloads. Simply Elegant curtains are in the "Custom Curtains".
They are shifted down and have the repositoried add-ons by Ambular included.
Because the preview pics on the site are not working, I've added a pic.
Screenshots