Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 5:05 AM
Default On Hiatus until Further Notice
Due to accusations of my character, stress outside the forum from my health and affairs of daily matters and my end of year rush to at least get gifts for my parents...

...I will be gone until I finish my video project and my video project will take a while. By then, I will be able to start conversations without controversial issue.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 5:46 AM
OK, see you tomorrow.

Theorist
#3 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 8:06 AM
On this mts forum I very rarely see people trying to accuse and shame. I have seen disagreements and misunderstandings over things said. It IS possible to have people trying to be constructive but perceive them as attackers. Reactions to what we say and how we act are always useful because we get feedback on ourselves. Much better than not knowing at all how we're viewed by others. Never seen anything here that was outright unnecessary ganging up and lynching. Mostly, I get the sense that everyone is expected to babysit themselves and be lighthearted in Off Topic discussions. Things get heated when it's about the Sims or politics, but it's because they've invested interest in these things.
Inventor
#4 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 9:27 AM
Panda, if you're going to go, just GO. Stop making thread after thread of the same thing - It's becoming spam.

I say this, because we all know you'll be back within a few days - probably tomorrow- acting like nothing happened and not being so inappropriate, then suddenly you'll start playing up again for more attention - Then when you GET that attention, you won't like what people say and we'll get another thread exactly like this - Rinse and repeat.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 1:19 PM
Looking forward to your return PQ.
Scholar
#6 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 2:12 PM
I'll give her 12 hours before she's posting again.

The secret ingredient is phone.
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.
Thank you, O Mighty Doom Deity! - BL00DIEHELL
Mad Poster
#7 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 3:25 PM
PQ, you don't have to announce every single time you need a break, or every single time something happens to you (Wasn't that what the diary topics were for?). Other people are gone for days to months around here without feeling the need to announce it. Nobody is attacking you, but the constant cry for attention does get a bit annoying after a while.
Theorist
#8 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 4:34 PM
I still opt for some help by the mods. Blocking the option for starting threads to begin with. I mean, after starting this thread, ten threads on the first page only were PQ threads, including the deleted one. Considering the fact most are minor personal topics and they aren't their own thread worthy, PQ has her own diary thread (I even thought multiple) and her own public accessible social group, it's just overdone.

Plus a major thing: than she can't delete all critical replies by simply deleting her own thread starting posts.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
#9 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 8:08 PM
Quick question, was anyone bothered by the fact that I came back within a few days when I said I'd be gone?
Mad Poster
#10 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mordecai and Rigby
Quick question, was anyone bothered by the fact that I came back within a few days when I said I'd be gone?
You left? Welcome back!

Quote: Originally posted by Viktor86
Plus a major thing: than she can't delete all critical replies by simply deleting her own thread starting posts.
That shouldn't be taken away from her. Some of the criticism starts to look like beating a dead horse. Not everyone is "friendly" about it and none of us are her parents, so... I find myself becoming far more irritated by some of the responses than to PQ's original posts.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#11 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 8:27 PM
You didn't say for how long. Were we supposed to expect something more long-term? Will it make you feel better if we acted all bothered now?
Inventor
#12 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 8:39 PM

No, because you didn't do it multiple times, and people actually want you around...
Theorist
#13 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
That shouldn't be taken away from her. Some of the criticism starts to look like beating a dead horse. Not everyone is "friendly" about it and none of us are her parents, so... I find myself becoming far more irritated by some of the responses than to PQ's original posts.

There's a report button on every reply and there are mods here. I agree that some reactions here are just out of the line. But, still not forget what happened before that, because some people will get annoyed at some point.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
#14 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
You didn't say for how long. Were we supposed to expect something more long-term? Will it make you feel better if we acted all bothered now?

Of course not

To be more on topic, I don't think PQ should have thread-starting revoked.
#15 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 9:06 PM
Oh, I just noticed that I have just been given moderator rights for this section. So I guess these concerns are directed at me now, too...

To be more on topic, I don't think PQ should have thread-starting revoked.
No, but there are places here on this site where you can start threads, close threads and also determine who can and who cannot post replies.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Viktor86
There's a report button on every reply and there are mods here. I agree that some reactions here are just out of the line. But, still not forget what happened before that, because some people will get annoyed at some point.
Some people know how to dance on the line, by scolding and belittling just enough to not actually cross that line. I understand people getting annoyed. We all get annoyed by different things. An easy solution is to not open the thread. No one is forced to read.
#17 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Some people know how to dance on the line, by scolding and belittling just enough to not actually cross that line. I understand people getting annoyed. We all get annoyed by different things. An easy solution is to not open the thread. No one is forced to read.

... or use the Ignore function that is accessible from the respective member's profile page, something that I would suggest to anyone who inexplicably feels constantly compelled to reply with something that doesn't really further the discussion in a positive manner.
Scholar
#18 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 9:27 PM
If you were to see the number of grossly inappropriate posts that have been made by PQ, you'd understand why so many of us would
like her posting priviledges limited to some extent.

As I posted to HugBug last week (in a thread PQ hurried to delete soon after) - Were a man to have posted some of the fantasies PQ has
shared here on Off-Topic, HE would have been banned.

Sure, I'm as sick of PQ's spamerfic posting and of her lies and excuses as the next person...but what torques me is those gross posts she makes
involving an older male caregiver (e.g. a nanny and a godfather) bathing, drying, and tucking her into bed...like a little girl....who in
other posts is her LOVER. Sometimes these caregivers buy her panties...and she's oh-so-grateful.
She's since deleted several of them, but if you look, you'll find some of the less explicit ones that she's forgotten.
(Actually, as a mod, maybe you have access to some of the posts she's deleted.)

I'm not going to discuss it here, but if you want to PM or email me, I'd be happy to share my professional experience
in assessing/documenting the injuries inflicted on the victims of such persons who would find PQ's posts titillating enough to hang around this place. A place frequented by minors.

p.s. Mordecai....it is not nearly the same thing. I'm tickled to see you back. And your post was not part of some attempt to
manipulate the rest of us into giving you slack for something no one should be given slack for.
Theorist
#19 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 12:24 AM
#20 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 4:39 AM Last edited by Thranduil Oropherion : 30th Nov 2015 at 5:17 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by pizza
I for one wasn't bothered! I'm glad you're back. Personally I could feel you were being very genuine. The same goes to @Nymphetamine - she took a time out and made a thread too. I'm happy to see you both here. :lovestruc

Totally agree and I'm glad you back too, Mordecai and Rigby, it wasn't the same without you!

@ScaryRob

Scholar
#21 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 8:14 AM
Oh, like, hey you got your own little sub-forum thing going on now. That's cool, I guess.

Ummm...hmmm....ehhhh...instead of just leaving you started a thread about it and your opening line was "Due to accusations of my character..." as a way to negate blame on your part and instead make it the fault of other users. I'm not sure what your dealio is, I don't really read your threads, but I can't help but notice how... numerous they are on the Off-Topic board.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.