Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Nov 2013 at 6:46 AM
Default how to put modular stairs on one piece of foundation?
this guy has modular stairs on one piece of foundation. do i need to do all of this to make it work?

http://mikeinside.modthesims2.com/b...all2/index.html

i have the stairs made already but it wont let me connect the top half of the stairs to the same piece of foundation that the bottom ahlf is connected to
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 18th Nov 2013 at 3:50 PM
Do you have Mansions & Gardens? I think it broke putting modular stairs right beside a wall. You can still do it, but you need to use moveobjects on. The tutorial was written long before M&G was released and using the moveobjects cheat wasn't necessary without that pack. (It might also have been AL, which introduced that problem, I am not completely sure, because I installed both together.)
Site Helper
#3 Old 18th Nov 2013 at 4:52 PM
You could also try adding extra foundation, adding the stairs, then removing the excess foundation.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Nov 2013 at 12:57 AM
im not trying to put the modular stairs by a wall, im just making some modular stairs and would like to connect the two pieces with one piece of foundation. i thought that tutorial was gonna tell me how.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 19th Nov 2013 at 1:03 AM
And you have the floor constraint cheat and move objects cheats on?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Nov 2013 at 3:27 AM
i read about the floor cheat in that tutorial but i wasnt sure if i needed to have it on. thank you
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 19th Nov 2013 at 6:50 AM
If you are unfamiliar with the building cheats I would try something a bit easier to start with. Split level stairs can be tricky even when you are familiar with the constant flooring cheat. Try something simple like a curved bridge and play around leveling something that doesn't matter. When or if you use the tutorial, yes you need all the steps and cheats mentioned. I would then save as you do each step correctly. Playing around with that cheat too much can result in your game crashing or the building getting mucked up. If it does get distorted badly you can then exit and reload without saving back to where you saved.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~