Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Mar 2013 at 7:22 PM Last edited by Siofra : 22nd Mar 2013 at 7:37 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Problem selling paintings in an OFB business
I have a photography/art business selling paintings made on easels. The paintings sell wonderfully, and the business is insanely profitable.

The issue I'm having is with pricing. My first painting will be, say, 500 simoleons to sell directly from the easel and $600 via "set for sale". My every painting set for sale after that will take the other's "set for sale" price once I go back to normal play. So the second might be worth even just 4 simoleons, say "Expensive: $5" in the "set for sale" dialog, but switch to "Custom Setting: $600" once I've left the For Sale Tool.

*Addition: Running backwards through setting the paintings for sale, I saw that it has nothing to do with the order. Each painting takes the sale price of the most expensive painting available, no matter the order or original price. Each painting right now is advertising "Custom Setting:$1132", except for the original, which is "Expensive: $1132".

If the customers still bought those, I wouldn't care. But they won't, and sending a salesperson after them just loses a star. Any ideas?

I don't see how my computer specs would be needed, but I R not good with hardware, so if they're needed, just tell me!

Edit: I've found the pricing is set correctly if I use the register to set all prices, but it reverts to the incorrect prices once I set another for sale. That's kind of bothersome to do every time I set up a painting. I'd still like to see if anyone has an idea of why the pricing behaves like that.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 12:14 AM
Do you have MATY's Business Runs You hammer and sickle on the lot anywhere? I discovered it was automatically adjusting prices in the Jacquet's bakery a while ago and the business actually ended up with a -1 ranking for ages because Gilbert couldn't get anyone to buy the hideously expensive overpriced jello with his bronze sales badge.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 1:38 AM
I do, actually. Dang. I actually discounted that, because I thought, "No, Pescado made it. It can't be that." Weird that it would mess up the sale prices. I never saw any mention of that.

I'll take that off the lot and see if it helps. Thank you, sushigal!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 9:59 PM
You don't need to take it off the lot, just hunt through the options and tell it to stop automatically adjusting prices.
Instructor
#5 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 10:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Siofra
I do, actually. Dang. I actually discounted that, because I thought, "No, Pescado made it. It can't be that." Weird that it would mess up the sale prices. I never saw any mention of that.

Pescado's mods set stuff to play the way he plays. Many of his Sims 2 mods have options to change this stuff (and I always have to change it), but it is always a good idea to check exactly what his mods do, and not, for example, just plop the entire Director's Cut into your downloads folder.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Mar 2013 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by neriana
Pescado's mods set stuff to play the way he plays. Many of his Sims 2 mods have options to change this stuff (and I always have to change it), but it is always a good idea to check exactly what his mods do, and not, for example, just plop the entire Director's Cut into your downloads folder.

I'm sorry if I sound defensive, but that sounds rather presumptuous. I specifically read through the entire thread containing BRY, both when I installed it and after Sushigal's suggestion. I do with every mod, as I have a lot of them and want to prevent conflicts.

Just because I misjudged Pescado's reputation doesn't mean I trust him blindly.
Instructor
#7 Old 24th Mar 2013 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by neriana
but it is always a good idea to check exactly what his mods do, and not, for example, just plop the entire Director's Cut into your downloads folder.

That's what I did when I started lol. I far was more interested in downloading clothes than reading up on mods. Eventually I went through the directors cut getting rid of ones I didn't like.