Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Aug 2012 at 4:16 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Still stuck on lot with patched OfB
Hey guys.

I'm still experiencing the stuck at owned lot bug even after completely patching the game and all of its expansions.

The first time it happened, the game was not patched, and my Sims had driven their own car to their business lot and got stuck. That is, walking around the lot, failing their arms about and telling people to go home, even though the business was closed and no one else was there. I don't remember exactly how I got them unstuck, but I think I deleted the owned vehicle, somehow managed to call a taxi, then deleted the taxi out of frustration when they wouldn't get in it, which magically teleported them back home.

Intent on not having that happen again, I checked out the FAQ to see what the problem was, completely patched the game as per the solution, then, just to be safe, told my Sims to "Walk to Community Lot" instead of driving. Now they're stuck again, and it won't let me call a taxi to try my last little trick. I've tried issuing the "Walk to Lot" action from the phone booth, from the little crosswalk sign, from clicking directly on the Sim, and even from clicking on an adjacent community lot, but it all gets the same result.

Does anybody know any little tricks to get my poor Simmies home, or have they pretty much found a new "home"?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 29th Aug 2012 at 8:30 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Aug 2012 at 11:47 PM
It worked! Huzzah! Thanks so much! Sorry I couldn't find that myself. Still getting used to these forums.

Now that that's been taken care of, is there any way to prevent it from happening in the future?