Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 12:28 AM Last edited by xMERLiSE : 28th Jan 2011 at 5:18 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife, Seasons, Free Time
Default Nightlife messing up my custom hair :/ Help Please!
Hey guys!
Well I just got Nightlife yesterday and while playing it I realized something, the hair for my Sims are going out of wack.

The image isn't all that great, sorry -_-, but anyhow, when my Sims move (it only happens with the girls) their heads, the bottom half of the hair stays while all of it turns and long lines follow it. It's kind of hard to explain.

It happened just as soon as I got Nightlife. Does anyone know how to fix this? I thought about patching the game but when I installed NL the game said it didn't need patching and I don't want to patch it for no reason. It wouldn't bother me that much but since I want to make a movie . . . the whole hair thing is a distraction!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Jan 2011 at 12:24 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • General - Post System Specs
    We need more information before we can help with your issue. Please post your system specs - instructions on finding them are here: Game Help:System Specswiki.

If it is not specifically asked, please provide the Quick summary only.

Is it just custom hair that does this? What about EA hair?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jan 2011 at 2:58 PM Last edited by xMERLiSE : 29th Jan 2011 at 3:20 PM.
It happens with custom hair that is long, like up to the bust of the female sim or below the bust as well as with long maxis hair as well. I haven't had, or remember having this problem with University. I've uninstalled all the games including the base game and installed them again along with the patches but the problem is still happening. It also doesn't matter where I get the hair from, Peggy Zone, XM Sims, etc. it still does the same thing.

Here are my specs :D

OS:Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Latitude D610
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.86GHz
Memory: 1016 RAM
Page File: 617MB used, 1825MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Display
* Name: Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family
* Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
* Chip Type: Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset
* Approx. Total Memory: 128.0 MB
* Main Driver: ialmrnt5.dll
* Version: 6.14.0010.4693 (English)
* Driver Date: 9/15/2006 17:09:00, 45694 bytes

Sound
* Description: SigmaTel C-Major Audio
* Driver Name: STAC97.sys
* Driver Version: 5.10.4255.0000 (English)
* Date: 3/10/2005 16:56:06, 273168 bytes
Mad Poster
#4 Old 29th Jan 2011 at 9:09 PM
It's just the way hair is built, usually. It either does that or it goes through the sim. I've had this issue in all game configs I've had.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Jan 2011 at 10:04 PM
Seriously? :/ That kind of sucks, but I think I can get over it.
Thank you!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Feb 2011 at 4:17 AM
I just wanted to update and say that I found a solution! I set the game graphics to high and changed a few other options in the options panel and now the hair works perfect and my Sims look ten thousand times better!