Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 8:06 PM
Default SetQuarterTilePlacement cheat
I discovered this cheat in a thread somewhere on MTS but now I can't find it. I've tried to enable this cheat but it doesn't seem to work. I THINK the purpose of it is to place things more precisely on the grid, like center a 3 tile sofa in front of a 2 tile fireplace, or center a 1 tile ceiling light over a 2 tile table, etc - like in TS3. I've tried boolprop true/false, no boolprop on/off, etc. and nothing seems to work. Can anyone verify the purpose of the cheat, and if they have used it/had it work? I would prefer to use this vs. the SnapObjectsToGrid cheat to make sure the objects end up where they should. I love that feature in TS3 but overall prefer playing TS2 to TS3...

Thanks!

goderguy
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 9:21 PM
You are right about the purpose.
After you've entered the cheat "setquartertileplacement on", you can toggle it on and off with ctrl+f.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 6:09 AM
OMG, awesome! Thanks for the tip. I don't think the thread where I found the cheat explained that. My furniture, art, lighting and trees placement will never be the same again! ;-)

goderguy
Mad Poster
#4 Old 19th May 2017 at 5:39 PM
Sorry for the necro, but this cheat didn't work for me for some reason help?
Theorist
#5 Old 19th May 2017 at 5:58 PM
Did you make sure to toggle it on with control and f?

Once you input the cheat you need to 'activate' it by using ctrl and f to turn it on and then ctrl to turn it back off (that is if you want to turn it off, it's not a must to turn it off.)
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 20th May 2017 at 12:35 AM
Also, since it's not a boolprop cheat, it needs to be capitalised correctly - setQuarterTilePlacement on

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
#7 Old 20th May 2017 at 12:54 AM
That’s interesting, is it the only non-boolprop cheat that needs capitalising? changelotzoning works fine with small letters only.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Instructor
#8 Old 20th May 2017 at 1:11 AM
I always write cheat codes without capitalization, including non-boolprop ones and setquartertileplacement, and they always work fine. I don't have aliases in my usertartup.cheat either. How weird...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 20th May 2017 at 1:53 AM
You may like to have it in your user start up cheat file -or to get yourself a cheat file if you don't have one. I have mine set to 'tile on' and 'tile off'.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~