Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 5:14 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default telescope on community lot
Can a telescope be placed on a community lot? I see that the hotel included with the Bon Voyage has a telescope on it. I can't get one on the lot.
Advertisement
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 5:26 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 4th Mar 2008 at 8:06 PM.
You know, I've never tried placing one on a strictly community lot. Hotel lots are different..they act more like a regular lot. What EPs do you have installed? (Please edit your profile to include that info. )

You should be able to place them on a hotel lot with no problem. If you have Uni you can edit the lot quite easily by using the boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled false command.

ETA: Checked in game and the scope is not available for community lots. Hotels yes..community lots no. So..you could always changelotzoning residential and place the telescope, then change the zoning back to community.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
#3 Old 1st Apr 2016 at 4:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Canoodle
You know, I've never tried placing one on a strictly community lot. Hotel lots are different..they act more like a regular lot. What EPs do you have installed? (Please edit your profile to include that info. )

You should be able to place them on a hotel lot with no problem. If you have Uni you can edit the lot quite easily by using the boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled false command.

ETA: Checked in game and the scope is not available for community lots. Hotels yes..community lots no. So..you could always changelotzoning residential and place the telescope, then change the zoning back to community.

I know this reply was posted in 2008, so doubt that Canoodle will even see my reply, BUT I had been searching google for over an hour trying to figure out how I can get a telescope. Couldn't find it anywhere in buy mode for PC. Then a moment ago I decided to change my search to: Can't buy a telescope on a community lot in the Sims 2 PC and this thread appeared, along with this answer. Thank god this thread was still here. The most annoying about my search was the other sims 2 games popping up, gameboy, ps2, I read one that said it's listed under 'Life' in the store. I assumed they meant Life folder in buy mode, but quickly found out there is no life folder in buy mode, and that sims 2 wasn't for pc. Anyway, you can't believe how grateful and relieved I was to finally find this thread and answer!! On the upside though, during my frustrating search I found a few sights with some really cool cheats and tips that I never knew existed, or had forgotten about. I haven't played the Sims 2 in years, literally. And after becoming somewhat frustrated with the sims 4, and after watching some YouTube video's I became nostalgic for the older versions. I would have started with the Sims 1, but must have lost them the last time I moved. Oh well, for PC I always liked the Sims 2 better. However the Sims 1 for PS 2 was better than the Sims 1 for PC -but that's just my opinion. :lovestruc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 1st Apr 2016 at 5:41 AM
Please don't bump 8 year old threads. Ask questions like this on the 'Silly Question thread' that's what its there for. Anyone here could have answered that.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~