Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Aug 2006 at 8:00 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets
Default Food cant be for sale even inside the shelf
Everytime i try to make a bakery everything is fine untill i place the food onto the shelf thats reqired to keep the food fresh. Then when i click on the sale tag tool to set the price of the food item it doesnt glow in the yellow like it should. it says " cannot put price on item" and i THOUGHT it was because they were custom food,(like cherry pie and blueberry pie, bananna cream cake)and i thought maybe that was the problem.but then i tried the original cake that came with the game from maxis, i even tried the cheesecake, and it still says the same thing. everything else can be placed for sale, but the food. anyone know what's going on? or maybe im doing something wrong.
Advertisement
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Aug 2006 at 8:06 PM
You need to set the price by clicking on the plate, not the food.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 4:55 AM
Okay, i'll try that,thanks i was clicking on the whole shelf itself cause i know sometimes you can save the trouble and just set one price for everything
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 27th Jun 2014 at 2:30 PM
Sorry for necromancing this thread, but I didn't want to create another one about the exact same problem.

Beforehand: I've got every EP, no SP. My game is fully patched and everything, but I'm still not able to set (custom) food for sale. I clicked the display, the plate, the food, nothing.
Now: Does the (custom) food package file have to have a certain BEHAV inserted or a certain vaule in a certain BECON? Which setting have to be made in there? Which hack could interfere which this issue?

And I have the same problem with cars.

*reply to a thread* *press the answer button* *forgot something and edit the post*... my three steps of using a forum. -.-
My livejournal if anyone should be interested in it, but be warned: It's empty yet!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 27th Jun 2014 at 4:37 PM
I know that changing the number of servings with a variable meal server mod will make food unsellable. That is true for costum and maxis food though.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 27th Jun 2014 at 5:03 PM
Thanks, that's causing it. Now I can even sell my cars. Weird.

*reply to a thread* *press the answer button* *forgot something and edit the post*... my three steps of using a forum. -.-
My livejournal if anyone should be interested in it, but be warned: It's empty yet!