Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Dec 2005 at 11:33 PM Last edited by zkocourkova : 11th Dec 2005 at 6:27 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife
Default Nightlife uninstalled University: Please help
I had University and when I installed Nightlife, Uni disappeared . :insane: Why did it disappear when Nightlife was installed - and is it safe to install Uni again????? :sadpanda: Because when I start Nightlife, it asks if I want to quit & install Uni. Would it be safe to do that, though ? ( Wouldn't it overwrite Nightlife data???) :Slap: I would, of course, make a backup ( I read on another thread that you only need:
My Documents/EA Games/The Sims2 - is that right??? )
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 11th Dec 2005 at 12:36 AM
Did you install it at a different folder?

And this last time looking back I'll see my home, for she awaits me reaching for my soul. She calls my name, and waves me on. The fallen one, she stands in flames
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Dec 2005 at 1:36 AM
Quote:
"Did you install it at a different folder?"

Well, the Sims 2 were installed into My Computer/Games/EA Games/Sims 2 then Uni was installed in My Computer/Games/EA Games/Sims2 University and Nightlife was installed in My Computer/Games/EA Games/Sims 2 Nightlife.
Does that effect the expansion packs?
Scholar
#4 Old 11th Dec 2005 at 9:12 AM
Are you sure it diasppeared?
How did it diasppear? Is the folder gone? Is the university functions in the game gone?

It's perfectly safe to install uni after nightlife. I did that myself.

"Even the computer industry failed to see the importance of the Internet, but that's not saying much. Let's face it, the computer industry failed to see that the century would end." - Douglas Adams
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 7:16 AM
The folder is there, but all the game functions are gone. So by 'perfectly safe to install uni after nightlife", You mean that both of the expansion packs features will be available? Thankyou VERY much, gwillewyn, I REALLY appreciate Your answer.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 8:05 AM
Zkocourkova

You shouldn't have any problems reinstalling Uni after Nightlife. I had to uninstall all of my EP's because of one errant file and since at first I didn't want Uni, I installed Nightlife and left University off. I only recently readded University and everything is working fine. If you have any problems after you reinstall, just post here in the help forum and I'm sure someone will assist you! :thumb:

If you think you're a d/l whore,that must make me the madam... Don't forget, it's cash upfront or out on your a** you go!

If I've made a download you like, use the "Thank You" button!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 8:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zkocourkova
The folder is there, but all the game functions are gone. So by 'perfectly safe to install uni after nightlife", You mean that both of the expansion packs features will be available? Thankyou VERY much, gwillewyn, I REALLY appreciate Your answer.

I don't see why both expansions wouldn't be available. After all, all you're doing is readding what was already there. :nod:

If you think you're a d/l whore,that must make me the madam... Don't forget, it's cash upfront or out on your a** you go!

If I've made a download you like, use the "Thank You" button!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 6:15 AM
Thakyou VERY much, mznikkisimz it's very good to know that. Thankyou. I can't wait to get my Sims' mobile phones back...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Dec 2005 at 1:52 AM
I sucessfully installed University. :nod:
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 9:20 PM
Did we ever resolve this issue? I, too have this problem, and have posted about it. The university icon on top is greeted out in Neughborhoods, even though University still shows as being installed.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 9:21 PM
I doubt that anyone in this thread even visits this site anymore. Why are you necroing old threads?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 10:17 PM
Default Huh?
Why am I what? Im not sure what that means, but it sounds negative.
I just thought I'd see if a solution had been found. I'm not trying to do anything wrong.

Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I doubt that anyone in this thread even visits this site anymore. Why are you necroing old threads?
Mad Poster
#13 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 12:26 AM
This thread is over 12 years old before you posted @monatoo and that is what we call necroing old threads, if the thread is more than 2 months old please start your own thread.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158