Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 10:07 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Why Does the Link to My Game Look Like This?
I finally got all EPs installed again and the old files from my last computer moved so I had everything (well, everything up until mid-April, but all that affects is a neighborhood I was playing since February was planning to soon move from anyway.) At first it looked normal but now the icon on my desk looks like this. It still works fine. Looked normal until I opened the game the first time.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 10:16 PM
Most likely a broken thumbnail. If the link still works, it shouldn't be a problem.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 10:49 PM
It's called windozeitus aka "destroy your thumbnail cache disease". Pretty common thing to happen on Win 8.1. The best way to prevent it I found is to use custom icons for the programs this starts happening to.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
It's called windozeitus aka "destroy your thumbnail cache disease". Pretty common thing to happen on Win 8.1. The best way to prevent it I found is to use custom icons for the programs this starts happening to.

OK, that's the only one it happened to, but most of the games I played I had to rebuy on Steam because windows 8+ doesn't allow the DRM they used as it's a security threat. That includes SecuROM.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 9:46 PM
I had icons break on Windows 7 couple of times in the past and this (option 1) worked for me.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 11:28 PM
I would delete that icon and make a new one because that looks like the link between where it's running from to your desktop has been broken. Does it work at all? I would suspect not.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Jul 2019 at 12:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I would delete that icon and make a new one because that looks like the link between where it's running from to your desktop has been broken. Does it work at all? I would suspect not.

It works fine. Been building houses in a new hood using it.