Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jul 2019 at 11:41 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Should I be worried?
I'm experiencing the occasional glitch: a sim will start spinning in place, the whole lot just froze, I had a staircase go bad and not let sims use it trapping them on one floor, and a cow mascot got stuck on a dorm lot and just stood at the edge.. The first two I "fixed" by leaving the lot without saving, the stairs I deleted the malfunctioning one and replaced it with a new set. The cow I had to use the Deleter which is part of the Insiminator collection.

I've also had weird things appear in inventories: "was attracted to$subject", "emitter - pet - lot noises", and "routing - eye atracter"

So, how worried should I be?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Jul 2019 at 11:45 PM
I would be making a backup and running hood checker, it sounds like corruption. Also run the HCD and check and see for mod conflicts since some of that could be clashing mods.

As to the Deleter I've never used the Insiminator so I don't know of it, but plenty of ways to delete a sim off a lot including move objects.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 12:19 AM
Gotcha.
I have a conflict checker, and I do have a few conflicts.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 12:25 AM
Just move those to desktop don't delete them sometimes you can still use things by changing load order.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 1:10 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 4th Jul 2019 at 1:22 AM.
Also make sure the mods you have are updated for the EPs you have. A lot of times the spinning and unusable items is because you've downloaded an older version of a mod.

Do you have the "pet/toddlers can use stairs" mod? That might explain the problem with stairs if there are conflicts involving this one.

The "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true" cheat may help in finding errors (spinning sims usually is a result of continuous errors happening), and you should get object error files in the Logs folder that might give a clue to what's going on. If you get errors all the time with the cheat enabled, it means you have some sorting and fixing to do in your mods. If there are no errors popping up with TestingCheats, this tends to mean that your game is working fine and that the mods you have are relatively compatible (you may still get the occasional error if a bug happens, and some items only throw errors when used or under certain circumstances, but no errors tend to be a good thing).
Mad Poster
#6 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 2:17 AM
Personally I find that things getting a stuck "in use" tag is a very common glitch. If the staircase is a fixed on that's likely to be that problem, in which case deleting with move_objects and replacing is the only remedy.
I wouldn't be worried. Most of this sounds like normal game hiccups/mod conflicts.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 2:35 AM
Weird things showing up in inventory tend to not be though.

~Call me Jo~
Undead Molten Llama
#8 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 6:11 PM Last edited by iCad : 4th Jul 2019 at 6:28 PM.
Yeah, I'd be a bit worried about the junk in the inventories, but the rest of it just sounds like mod conflicts (or old, un-updated, or wrong versions of mods wreaking havoc) or stuck-in-use bugs, both of which are (fairly) easily fixable by resolving the conflicts and/or updating or getting rid of mods that don't work anymore or that don't work with the EPs you have, and using moveobjects to remove/replace stuck Sims and objects.

Which version of the Insim are you using? I've heard it said that the one you want to use is the Object version. The others can be buggy. If the Insim is bugging perhaps that's the reason for the junk in inventories.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 6:59 PM
^ The Object version is said to be the safest one (and it can even be used in Castaway/Stories with a bit of care). Personally I've had the Sim version since the last update came out, and I've never had any issues. Having the newest version of Insim version is important - I got the spinning bug once, when I'd installed a new EP and forgot to update my mods. After I updated Insim, everything worked again.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 12:51 AM
Did some poking around this weekend:
Tried the hood checker, the inventory items where still there, though stuff seems to load quicker now.
Bat box did nothing.
Tried deleting them, couldn't delete the lot noise.
Looked with SimPE but didn't know what I was looking at.

Worst comes to worst I'll just reset the hood and start with a clean template.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 1:22 AM
Take a backup of your hood, then remove all mods (except essential ones and mods that add NPCs), and check if everything is back to normal. If it is, there's something wrong in your mod folder (the Hood checker and other hack conflict detectors don't always spot conflicts or outdated mods, and they can also sometimes be wrong). If sims are still spinning, then you may be better off making a new neighborhood.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Take a backup of your hood, then remove all mods (except essential ones and mods that add NPCs), and check if everything is back to normal. If it is, there's something wrong in your mod folder (the Hood checker and other hack conflict detectors don't always spot conflicts or outdated mods, and they can also sometimes be wrong). If sims are still spinning, then you may be better off making a new neighborhood.

I'll give that a try, as I really wouldn't be surprised if it was a conflict glitch coming out of my disaster of a download folder.