Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jun 2019 at 6:29 AM Last edited by broomhilda61 : 29th Jun 2019 at 6:54 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Items missing in SimPE-Solved
I have some items in the game...I had them in my disks and now in my Ultimate Collection Sims2..
Now they are showing in the game but not as custom content..I know they are in game items..but when I looked for them in SimPE they are not there...I am missing a lot of items from the game in game and as well as in SimPE...never got all of that straightened out in the other posts from the past...
I have the names of 2 the crib and changing table but forgot to add the names for the potty chair, high chair and toy box...I do have pictures so maybe someone will recognize them
First the crib and changing table: Wonderland Sleigh Crib and Good Times Changing Table..there is no * on any of these items as well as the potty chair, high chair and toy box...no * so I know they are not custom content..
Wonderland Sleigh Crib and Good Times Changing Table

Then these the high chair, potty chair and toy box..I can't remember the names...

Thank you for your help in advance...
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 29th Jun 2019 at 6:40 AM
They all came from freetime
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jun 2019 at 6:44 AM
Thank you Fearless Butterfly
Now that I have that fixed, they are not in SimPE...I have a lot of items that are not in SimPE from the game...and I know I have a lot of items missing in the game...just don't know how to find these items...
Mad Poster
#4 Old 29th Jun 2019 at 11:14 AM
Are you sure you set up the paths correctly? I had to get the 0.75f version by Quaxi for it to work properly.

If they are missing from the game too, something may be wrong with the installation. Tried repairing the game via Origin?
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Jun 2019 at 11:52 AM
Yes I have simmer...I had problems with the first installation...and they had given me another one after deleting the first...UC2
But I have always been missing items from the game even when I was playing with the disks and digital's...
As for the 0.75f version what do you mean???
Field Researcher
#6 Old 29th Jun 2019 at 12:47 PM
If items are missing in SimPE most likely you have to reset and reload SimPE's filetable. It is there where Object Workshop finds its items.
To do it
Open Extra/Prefences in SimPE Select File Table
1. Click reset
2. Click button Reload
Mad Poster
#7 Old 29th Jun 2019 at 12:55 PM
0.75f is the SimPE Version Quaxi posted here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=5338319 - it's more compatible with the UC.

You need to make sure you've set up all the proper paths and ticked the boxes for the EPs you want to show. SimPE is usually not set up 100% from the moment you open it the first time, so some tweaking is usually needed.

I had some issues with the user Interface at first, but I copied over a couple files from my old version (0.73) and then it worked fine.

As for the ingame issue, are you sure you don't have any hiders or old mods that interfere with these missing objects? Those objects show up fine for me with the UC, so it's weird if they don't show for you.
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Jun 2019 at 6:52 PM
clsve...I knew I had everything checked..and I went back just now to make sure nothing had changed..so everything is the way it is supposed to be..I had someone help me with this a long time ago...thank you for your help
simmer...I download that..and now I can't click on anything to get it set up...or load or nothing...now on panic mode...crap...

I should know better than to mess with things that are working...now sitting here crying...
Mad Poster
#9 Old 29th Jun 2019 at 7:23 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 29th Jun 2019 at 7:44 PM.
If it ain't broken, don't fix it...

The 0.75 version is a no-install version, so (unless you deleted the old one) you should be able to use both without them interfering with each other.

-open the zip (don't auto-unpackage it)
- Make a folder named "SimPE_075f" in C:\Program Files (x86) - you can actually run it from anywhere, but this keeps programs neat and tidy.
- Mark the files in the zip, and drag them to the folder (click yes to any "Do you want to move files?" or "Admin" kind of popups)
- Find the "SimPe.exe" file in the folder, click on it to open SimPE (you can make a shortcut to this file).
- Check to see if the Properties point to the proper places.

If you get any issues with the UI, I can upload the files I used to fix this. I noticed a few docking issues with the windows.

If you ever decide to uninstall, just delete the entire "SimPE_075f" folder and it's done (no actual uninstall process needed).

Just a note, but I have noticed some memory issues With some more demanding no-install programs, and SimPE occasionally throws an OutOfMemory error at me. If that happens just close and restart SimPE. Make sure you save your work regularly, so you don't lose anything.