Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 3:20 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 15th Apr 2019 at 2:19 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default My SimPE looks empty!
Ok guys, so I am a bit freaking out. Out of nowhere and all of a sudden, Sim surgery has an empty Sim Pool. Sim Description is filled up with Unknown, and no one has character data.
I never saw this before, so i am panicking. I re start my computer, I deleted the NeighborhoodManager.package, I even start the workshop before attempting anything as i heard it can sometime help.
I have NO clue what is happening.
My game launch fine, all my 3 'Hoods are there and playable.
All I wanted to do was extracting cute simmies I had in my Test 'Hood...this is how I realized it was empty !
Have you ever seen that?
All I ever do is playing, creating, playing, creating...I use Hood Checker after each play session, and I use SimPE to create stuff, not to play within data or else..most of the time.
Screenshots

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 3:50 AM
Try resetting the layout? Extra> Preferences>Reset Layout.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 4:00 AM
Thank you. I tried clear cache but it did not help.
I just installed the newest version of SimPE...of course, I had to tell it where my games are, since it is mostly set up for UC which I have not.
It is all back to normal now!
I am so happy and relieved OMG...
But this is so weird...I did not know, SimPE could get sick.

Field Researcher
#4 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 7:49 PM
Just wanted to pop in and say that I'm having this problem too, just updated to the latest SimPE version and suddenly everyone shows up as an unknown sim!

simblr
Home of my Kulo Seeri Test of Time and a lot of worldbuilder rambling. You have been warned.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 7:55 PM
See, I had to upgrade to the new version to stop the Unknown sims...something is fishy.
I am having some problems too, like if having both versions installed causes troubles. One version works for some things, while the other does not anymore, or vise and versa. This is annoying.
I'd like to know how everyone is managing this.

Alchemist
#6 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 8:48 PM
Not sure if this is relevant, but I just remembered that I did do this when I first installed the new version.
https://simscommunity.info/social/t...-time-use.4113/

I don't have any issues with having both installed.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 11:23 AM
I didn't do that, just let the new version overwrite my old files in the folder, then suddenly everyone was Unknown...

Do I need to reinstall?

simblr
Home of my Kulo Seeri Test of Time and a lot of worldbuilder rambling. You have been warned.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 1:18 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 15th Apr 2019 at 3:56 PM.
Thank you Sunrader for the tips. I am on discs, so all the UC part I don't do. I never had any trouble with the program until now and it is scary. Another problem I have is no picture/thumbnail if I use Object Workshop. I have them only if I use the old version. That is fixed, seems I had to load the game at least once after trying the new version.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 1:54 PM
I am also on all disks and using the older version, the new version stopped working after the first time I used it. Could be the newer version is best for UC and the one before for disk users.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 2:17 PM
That could be indeed. But then how to explain the old version suddenly refusing to work properly when..browse neighborhood/sim browser/sim surgery is used? This was very strange to me considering that nothing had changed in my ways of doing, or anything. It just stopped working and was all empty with Unknown sims and such.
For now, my only choice is to keep both versions otherwise, there will be actions I won't be able to perform. This is a real puzzle.

Field Researcher
#11 Old 18th Apr 2019 at 9:52 AM
This usually happens to me when I open multiple neighborhoods without restarting SimPe. Restart always fixes it.
Alchemist
#12 Old 18th Apr 2019 at 1:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mate54
This usually happens to me when I open multiple neighborhoods without restarting SimPe. Restart always fixes it.

I have had this, too, if I try to start doing something too soon. I almost can't touch ANYTHING while SimPE is still loading.