Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 1:40 AM Last edited by letitgo1776 : 12th Jun 2017 at 1:59 AM.
I started the challenge today. Here're Kurtis and Emilee Burkhart.

They had a daughter named Sarah.

As a toddler:

Then they had twin boys, Kurtis Jr and Samuel.

Kids from left to right: Samuel, Kurtis Jr, Sarah

I didn't take pictures, but they've all aged up to children, Kurtis Jr's and Samuel's birthdays bringing in the new decade.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 11:33 PM
It's been a while. Here's Sarah, all grown up, and her husband Theodore. (The dad and brothers unfortunately died in WW1.)

And now they're joined by Theodore Jr...

And he's black?!

What do I do?!
Test Subject
#28 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 11:21 PM
What are all the mods that are needed for this and how do you know their ages if they really do not give those. I know they give ages in sims days but would be better if we could really have real ages for this. Does the generation start at 1890 as soon as you get your place and sims?
Scholar
#29 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 5:56 PM
Wow. Long time no play.

Highlights of 1917-1930:
- World War I ends in 1918. Sadie Caliente is born to Alton and Marylou.

Score for 1910s: 30

- Wesley Caliente is born to Alton and Marylou in 1921.
- Lucy Caliente is born to Alton and Marylou in 1923.
- Alton Caliente dies as an elder in 1925.
- Marjorie Caliente is born to Marylou in 1926.
- Stefan becomes a teen in 1927 and drops out of school. He begins working as a manual labourer.
- Lucy is taken into care in 1928 due to neglect.
-Marylou marries Dwayne Huntington III in 1929.

Score for 1920s: 15

Current Family Tree:
1)Ingram and Caroline Spence
2) Alonso and Ruby Caliente
3) Pearl Caliente
2) Cecil Spence
2) Stefan and Marylou Dawkins (Alton Caliente, Dwayne Huntington III)
3) Stefan Dawkins Jr. (H)
3) Sadie Caliente
3) Wesley Caliente
3) Lucy Caliente
3) Marjorie Caliente
3) Unborn Child Huntington
2) Jasper Spence
2) Clyde Spence
2) Rosemary Spence
Scholar
#30 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 10:31 PM Last edited by ForeverCamp : 3rd Jan 2018 at 2:56 AM.
Highlights of 1930s:
- Stefan loses his job in 1930.
- Sadie grows to a teenager with a B-average, and continues on to high school.
- Marylou's new husband throws Stefan out in 1931 at age of 17.
- In 1933, Stefan becomes involved with Gracelyn Rodrigues, a coloured girl. (Illegal relationship)
- Stefan regains a job in athletics in 1935.
- Miles Rodrigues is born to Stefan and Gracelyn in 1936, the next heir to the Spence family legacy.
- World War II starts in 1939, and Stefan is conscripted into service at 25 years old.

Score for 1930s: 15

Highlights of 1940s:
- Stefan is killed in action at 26 years of age in 1940.
- Gracelyn gives birth to Spencer and Douglas Rodrigues.
- In 1943, Gracelyn marries Karim Gherda in order to better provide for her three young illegitimate sons.
- Karim and Gracelyn have son Amir in 1944.
- World War II ends in 1945.
- In 1946, Spencer and Douglas are taken away to a white family due to their fair hair and colour, while Miles is left behind as "too coloured".
- Gracelyn begins work in the entertainment industry in 1947.
- Karim and Gracelyn have twin sons Ibrahim and Aarav in 1948. Miles grows into a teen with a B-average, but due to his family's background is unable to continue into high school.
- Miles begins work as a manual laborer in 1949.

Score for 1940s: 55

Highlights of 1950s:
- Karim and Gracelyn have twin sons Akeem and Abdullah in 1951.
- Miles comes of age in 1955, and moves to San Myshuno to begin a career in social justice (Politics, Charity branch).
- Miles begins a secretive relationship with fellow activist Jude Villegas, who moves in in 1958.

Score for 1950s: 15

Current Family Tree:
3) Pearl Caliente
2) Cecil Spence
3) Stefan Dawkins Jr. and Gracelyn Rodrigues (Karim Gherda)
4) Miles Rodrigues (H)
4) Spencer Rodrigues
4) Douglas Rodrigues
3) Sadie Caliente
3) Wesley Caliente
3) Lucy Caliente
3) Marjorie Caliente
3) Nylah Huntington
2) Jasper Spence
2) Clyde Spence
2) Rosemary Spence
Test Subject
#31 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 3:31 PM
ForeverCamp, I like how your challenge is going! Do you happen to have a blog to read more or do you just update here on the forums?
Scholar
#32 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LuckyFreckle
ForeverCamp, I like how your challenge is going! Do you happen to have a blog to read more or do you just update here on the forums?

Haha, I actually never did start a blog for it. I feel like maybe it should.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#33 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 5:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ForeverCamp
Highlights of 1930s:
- Stefan loses his job in 1930.
- Sadie grows to a teenager with a B-average, and continues on to high school.
- Marylou's new husband throws Stefan out in 1931 at age of 17.
- In 1933, Stefan becomes involved with Gracelyn Rodrigues, a coloured girl. (Illegal relationship)
- Stefan regains a job in athletics in 1935.
- Miles Rodrigues is born to Stefan and Gracelyn in 1936, the next heir to the Spence family legacy.
- World War II starts in 1939, and Stefan is conscripted into service at 25 years old.

Score for 1930s: 15

Highlights of 1940s:
- Stefan is killed in action at 26 years of age in 1940.
- Gracelyn gives birth to Spencer and Douglas Rodrigues.
- In 1943, Gracelyn marries Karim Gherda in order to better provide for her three young illegitimate sons.
- Karim and Gracelyn have son Amir in 1944.
- World War II ends in 1945.
- In 1946, Spencer and Douglas are taken away to a white family due to their fair hair and colour, while Miles is left behind as "too coloured".
- Gracelyn begins work in the entertainment industry in 1947.
- Karim and Gracelyn have twin sons Ibrahim and Aarav in 1948. Miles grows into a teen with a B-average, but due to his family's background is unable to continue into high school.
- Miles begins work as a manual laborer in 1949.

Score for 1940s: 55

Highlights of 1950s:
- Karim and Gracelyn have twin sons Akeem and Abdullah in 1951.
- Miles comes of age in 1955, and moves to San Myshuno to begin a career in social justice (Politics, Charity branch).
- Miles begins a secretive relationship with fellow activist Jude Villegas, who moves in in 1958.

Score for 1950s: 15

Current Family Tree:
3) Pearl Caliente
2) Cecil Spence
3) Stefan Dawkins Jr. and Gracelyn Rodrigues (Karim Gherda)
4) Miles Rodrigues (H)
4) Spencer Rodrigues
4) Douglas Rodrigues
3) Sadie Caliente
3) Wesley Caliente
3) Lucy Caliente
3) Marjorie Caliente
3) Nylah Huntington
2) Jasper Spence
2) Clyde Spence
2) Rosemary Spence

Oh my god! I haven't been on MTS for such a long time and I didn't expect people to be actually playing the challenge!! I'm so pleased to see that you are and that your Sims are doing well even if half of them seems to be dying. I'm glad that you're actually giving all your sims a storyline and stuff ahah it must be really fun And you should totally make a blog or something about your Sims, I would love to read all of it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#34 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 5:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by letitgo1776
I started the challenge today. Here're Kurtis and Emilee Burkhart.

They had a daughter named Sarah.

As a toddler:

Then they had twin boys, Kurtis Jr and Samuel.

Kids from left to right: Samuel, Kurtis Jr, Sarah

I didn't take pictures, but they've all aged up to children, Kurtis Jr's and Samuel's birthdays bringing in the new decade.

Oof twins on the first try. I'm enjoying your gameplay so far I hope you play more of it!!
Scholar
#35 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 5:49 PM
Alas, I lost the Spence family. Guess that means we need to restart... with a blog, mayhaps?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#36 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 5:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ForeverCamp
Alas, I lost the Spence family. Guess that means we need to restart... with a blog, mayhaps?

Yes, please do! I would love to hear your story as you start from scratch again.
Scholar
#37 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 1:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kakeru_naruse
Yes, please do! I would love to hear your story as you start from scratch again.

Your wish is my command.

It's set up pretty similarly to how I was posting in the forum with the Spences.
Test Subject
#38 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 6:04 PM
Cool Challenge! I'll definitely try it out!
Test Subject
#39 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 7:24 PM
Nice! I'm trying this. Gives a little flavor to game play!
Scholar
#40 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 11:00 PM
There's a new decade posting on Through the Years! Link's in the signature.
Scholar
#41 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 2:11 AM Last edited by ForeverCamp : 10th Mar 2018 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Adding more links
Hurray for a long weekend and no desire to do my work!

Here's a link to the 1910s and the 1920s update for the Tollivers!

ETA:
1930s
1940s
1950s
Test Subject
#42 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 7:42 PM
I just discovered this challenge a couple days ago. I don't usually do challenges, but I am really excited about this one. I have created a family to begin (John & Mary Ross with toddler Abigail). Also looking forward to checking out ForeverCamp's blog.

A couple questions I have:
What is the logic behind requiring teens to get a C and if not they are sent away? What does that represent?
Is it really necessary to keep score?
Thanks!
Scholar
#43 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 12:26 AM Last edited by ForeverCamp : 29th Mar 2018 at 6:47 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Feenkitty
I just discovered this challenge a couple days ago. I don't usually do challenges, but I am really excited about this one. I have created a family to begin (John & Mary Ross with toddler Abigail). Also looking forward to checking out ForeverCamp's blog.

A couple questions I have:
What is the logic behind requiring teens to get a C and if not they are sent away? What does that represent?
Is it really necessary to keep score?
Thanks!

Thanks for the check-out! It's not a particularly in depth blog, but I've been able to keep it relatively up to date this way.

As for the Teens get Cs, I read that as the Simmified way of indicating a child with some form of cognitive (mental) disability who would have been institutionalized in those years in real life.

Strictly speaking, I don't think scores are very necessary (I keep mine just for posterity's sake).

Also, as I'm here....
1960s
1970s
1980s
Test Subject
#44 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 9:50 PM
how does the rolling the dice work? like, with the cowplant thing, when it says odds die and evens live, i'm sort of confused... because it's only once a sim eats 2 cakes from the cowplant that it dies...?
Scholar
#45 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 1:05 AM Last edited by ForeverCamp : 1st Apr 2018 at 8:17 PM.
I have no idea, actually, but I use the MCCC kill function for directed deaths at any rate.

Another update, because gosh darn if I'm going to procrastinate on an assignment, I'm going whole-hog.
1990s
2000s
2010s

The final score for the Tolliver legacy was 315 points spread out over five and a half generations. Now I'm sending the final heir off on a time travel scenario back to the 1890s to begin again...
Test Subject
#46 Old 13th May 2018 at 4:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GothicGorilla
In the 1920s, early form of birthcontrol was made, so something like half of the woohoo could just be woohoo. Sleeping around was also more common in the 20s, after the first war. Indoor plumbing and lighting really wouldn't be in 'low-class' homes until the 30s, at least.

I think I'll try it, but I'll try and stick to history a bit more. History is just one of my favorite subjects, so I want to play it as historically accurate as I can.

Hi I also love History and the Victorian is one of my favorite eras. About the indoor plumbing I looked it up and actually they had it around in the 1890's and most homes even working class were powered by gas lights. This makes sense too as I know that Marie Antionette had own of the first versions of the indoor toilet, and at that time were only for the upper class. that means early 1800's is when most people started to have toilets and other things.

Also, unrelated but the rule about the wooden furniture in the 1890's is also highly inaccurate since even then they had upholstery, and the then the color green made into clothing makeup and furniture was made from arsenic. I suggest if you want more of a literal only wooden approach is to do the dark ages, and from then on. Also, the couches that were made in the Victorian and colonial era are the comfiest things in the world! We had one for my school play and it was so beautiful!!
Test Subject
#47 Old 17th May 2018 at 5:22 PM
I'm definitely going to try this when I'm finished my RLC. I love history.
Test Subject
#48 Old 22nd May 2018 at 7:41 AM
Hey so I have been playing the challenge for about a month but am only up to the 1920's. I was just wondering how long each decade (in Sims days) is meant to be? I saw someone mention 20 days per decade, but I find that 20 days makes the decades drag a bit, whereas having one day for each year (which is what I tried for the 1920s) went very fast. Any recommendations?
Field Researcher
#49 Old 27th May 2018 at 1:22 AM Last edited by stephiebaby : 30th May 2018 at 5:16 PM.
Default Loving This So Far !!
This sounds like SO MUCH FUN !! I've just spent 2 days downloading all sorts of cc to this "historical theme" So far- my only grip is their cellphones. I know they aren't allowed using them, and it seems like they are always trying to. (We need a mod to TURN OFF the cellphones (sigh) Other than that, I think you should add that no sims can take a pregnancy test. My Gma who is in her 70's currently, shared with me, how they never knew they were pregnant. There was no such thing as a pregnancy test. So they must be pretty new technology. Other than that, I'm having a blast! Here's some pics of my Founders. John and Sara Thomas.

*Correction- looks like Panties is down atm Maybe I'll update later.

Ohh- you aren't allowed cleaning your outhouse/toilet either! Muahahahha! (Atleast when its outside, in the 1800's)
Test Subject
#50 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 2:48 AM
I know this is for the Sims 4, but I just HAD to do it on the SIms 3! It's been a wild ride recently. I'm using ForeverCamp's 20 days to a decade and it works well for me!

My Highlights of the 1890's:

1890:
Osvaldo E. Cavallero and Sallie F. Hill move in. Osvaldo is Spanish and Sallie is an African American, and they ave to hide their "relationship" from the public.
Osvaldo joins the criminal career.
1891:
Osvaldo is promoted!
Sallie gives birth to their son Jesse O. Hill.
Osvaldo gets involved with Ayesha Ansari (colored), see what I mean by "relationship"? He gets a Naughty reputation.
1892: The repo-man came by cause I forgot to pay the bills.
Osvaldo sleeps with Ayesha, but miraculously doesn't get her pregnant. He leaves her in order to clear his reputation.
1893: Jesse becomes a toddler!
1894: Osvaldo becomes a Thug!
1896: Jesse ages into a child!
Sallie gives birth to their second child Everett, but he is given away to the Andrews.
Osvaldo is now a Getaway Driver!
1897: Jesse starts school
1898: Sallie becomes an adult!
Osvaldo sleeps with Claire Ursine (not pregnant )
Osvaldo gets a raise of $6.

Currently I'm in 1902. Sallie and Osvaldo got into a BAD fight and they broke up. Sallie moved out and took Jesse with her. He started highschool!
Page 2 of 4