Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Aug 2016 at 8:48 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims2 Posters made from .jpg
I am trying to solve a problem that I need answers for.
I have downloaded a number of pictures/posters from various sites and they are not showing up in the buy mode menu.
Could one of the following issues that have happened with the installation cause the problem?
1. Sims2 and Sims2 Nightlife were installed together as Sims2 Double Deluxe instead of separate discs.
2. Sims2 Bon Voyage did not install properly.
I have currently uninstalled the game and I am getting ready to reinstall everything. I thought I'd check to see if this might solve the problem.
I have downloaded simspe (or whatever it is called) so that I can create some of my own and I need to find an answer to this so I can see them in the game.
If the answer to the problem is the first one, I need to know before I reinstall the game so that I can track down the separate discs.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Aug 2016 at 9:11 PM
I am not entirely clear what you are saying there. When you downloaded them and installed them into your game folders, where did you put them and in what format are they? Are they loose jpg files (as you seem to imply) or are they incorporated into a package file for use as CC by the game?

I think it very unlikely your installation issues would affect custom content unless the CC is based on materials from the missing EPs.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#3 Old 11th Aug 2016 at 9:28 PM
1: Have you properly enabled CC ingame?
2: Have you checked if the posters need a custom mesh? It could be that you're trying to use posters that don't have an ingame mesh, and those won't show up. If you're not sure, can you link to some of the download topics for the posters?
3: Do you have the CEP installed? If not, you'll probably need this for the ingame posters to show recolors.
4: If the posters are recolors of ingame posters, are you sure you have the EPs/SPs you need to make them show up?

Having SimPE installed won't influence what shows up (or not) ingame regarding CC.
Theorist
#4 Old 16th Aug 2016 at 7:35 PM
I'm not quite sure what you mean about the jpg files. Are these just images you saved from around the internet? If so, you can add them to the 'Paintings' folder for your sims to use on the easel or drafting table. Plain images not specifically made by a Sims 2 creator for wall decor will not work as such. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.