1 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#12826 Old 11th Apr 2024 at 10:28 PM
As funny as the low-skill instrument playing is, it's even funnier when Sims with mixed creativity skills are all playing at once. You have a drummer doing all these complex fills and everything while the guys on the piano and guitar are just flailing around making awful noises.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#12827 Old 12th Apr 2024 at 11:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
No, because teens and elders don't have the same body shape so they can't wear the exact same outfits. Honestly I didn't check them. But elders are more likely to have career outfits, because they can work in the ordinary adult jobs (if they still have the job when they age up, for example) and not just the part-time jobs. From memory, the base game jobs and earlier EPs have elder body-shape outfits for elders, whereas at least the Freetime jobs (not sure about the Seasons ones) either just use the adult version for elders, or let elders come in their own clothes.

Sometimes teens have matching outfits and elders can wear adult stuff as long as it's not separates. Are you planning to do pictures of the teen 'uniforms' as well?
Mad Poster
#12828 Old 12th Apr 2024 at 2:27 PM
No, I'm not planning to do any more. I have what I need for my purposes and it was a bit annoying/time consuming. I just decided to share what I'd done for me so that if someone else wants the same info, they don't have to go through it

I did notice that for a couple of outfits, specifically the coach and the wetsuit, there seemed to be 2 GUIDs - I realised that one version was used for jobs that overlap with the teen track, and the other was used for jobs which don't. So I think those GUIDs include a teen set of clothing.

By "use the adult version for elders" I meant that the game just uses the adult bodyshape outfit for the elders - this was more common in later EPs, I always thought it was lazy, though I suppose it's better than not including an elder outfit at all.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Instructor
#12829 Old 12th Apr 2024 at 4:22 PM
Bulbizarre's post reminded me of the fact that many people, myself included think of the Creativity skill as just too broad. You have a Sim who can paint really well, and suddenly they can play masterpieces perfectly on the piano as well. It just doesn't make sense, they could have just added a hidden skill for each instrument like there is for dancing, writing, or pool.

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.
Mad Poster
#12830 Old 12th Apr 2024 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FuryCat
Bulbizarre's post reminded me of the fact that many people, myself included think of the Creativity skill as just too broad. You have a Sim who can paint really well, and suddenly they can play masterpieces perfectly on the piano as well. It just doesn't make sense, they could have just added a hidden skill for each instrument like there is for dancing, writing, or pool.

The guy doing the complex drum fills was a novelist who'd never picked up a pair of drumsticks in his life.

The Sims 3 skilling honestly makes far more sense.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#12831 Old 12th Apr 2024 at 5:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
The guy doing the complex drum fills was a novelist who'd never picked up a pair of drumsticks in his life.

- He's got the beat

(In my country, people can dance. And there is an old song: We've got the beat; We've got the beat/Everyone else has got the money/ But we've got the beat Inborn rhythm, that's what that drummer has).
Mad Poster
#12832 Old 12th Apr 2024 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FuryCat

This is one thing I do like about TS3/TS4. The skills are more unique and refined. For example, you have painting and guitar as separate skills. I wish TS2 would've better refined the skills, so it isn't just a generic "creativity" skill.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#12833 Old 12th Apr 2024 at 6:14 PM
There's a in testing mod here that fixes that. https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=660072
Instructor
#12834 Old 12th Apr 2024 at 6:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre

That's one thing I like most about TS3, the skills are far more detailed and make more sense. TS3 wins on this one in my opinion.

Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
This is one thing I do like about TS3/TS4. The skills are more unique and refined. For example, you have painting and guitar as separate skills. I wish TS2 would've better refined the skills, so it isn't just a generic "creativity" skill.

TS3's skills aren't that broad which is logical. I understand EAxis wanted to have skills that are more general, if they had that many as TS3 they would need to build the idea of skills better thus taking more work and time. But even though having flexible skills can mean more ideas of what this could be (TS2's Cooking skills and TS3's Mixology skill) things like this case can happen. If they added more specific skills like TS3 they would need to make the other skills more individual too. I think the more unique skills they made hidden, and even they were only to change animations and fail chances (Dancing for example)

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.
Mad Poster
#12835 Old 13th Apr 2024 at 1:49 AM
Bigfoot and the Grand Vampire were jamming together at the local park. Surprisingly, they were both good.

Field Researcher
#12836 Old 13th Apr 2024 at 9:37 AM
Started playing The Sims (2!) again after a multi-month hiatus, and still got my own custom hood going :D. Debating now whether to add new families or breed existing ones. Decisions, decisions. Also, had to stop playing on the laptop and move over to the desktop[1].

[1] Luckily this just means packing the wine prefix, then extracting it on another computer. 5 minutes job rather than messing about with re-installs etc.

Shabado... sha..ba..doo..badooo
Mad Poster
#12837 Old 13th Apr 2024 at 9:43 AM
That's a great band name :D

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Inventor
#12838 Old 13th Apr 2024 at 9:34 PM
I accidentally made about 15,000 food objects in killed state. The game took more than a minute to close without saving, but it did without crashing. The error report was over 1.2 megs. When I added about 7000 memories before too many iterations, it was slightly bigger, but I didn't save it.

Mad Poster
#12839 Old 13th Apr 2024 at 9:47 PM
Okay, how did you manage that?

Instructor
#12840 Old 14th Apr 2024 at 11:39 PM
This might be nostalgia speaking since Pet Stories was my first ever Sims game but Arbor Falls is really, really pretty, and the developers did a much better job building the lots and neighbourhood itself than in any mainline game. The lots on Scots Pine Street especially are really lovely. Even the modified versions of Modern Masterpiece they put there were much better than the one we got.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Mad Poster
#12841 Old Today at 2:04 AM
After a burned toaster pastry resulted in a massive kitchen fire, every single Sim on the apartment lot keeps sprinting around. It's honestly kind of hilarious.

Inventor
#12842 Old Today at 2:15 AM
If only they could keep the running style without being reset when visiting an unmodded toilet or going to work or class.
Page 514 of 514