Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 3:07 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Don't add the sims 2 to Steam?
First off I just want to say thank you again for the http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...lp:Game_Problem thing, it has saved my sims so many times. It's a blessing when you're totally lost and have 100% no idea what to do.

Anyway, I tried to add the sims 2 as a non-steam game to my steam library so I could take screenshots of it easily. It seems like that's a terrible idea, on the scale of makes the game stop opening/launching. Removing the cache files seems to have fixed it, but I also tried a reinstall before I remembered about the Game help game problem thing (so I'm not 100% which thing fixed my game). Sorry if that's already a known issue and I'm just an idiot for trying that. Also if someone else has gotten it to work, good for you. I'm not certain adding the game to steam was the problem, but I ain't risking breaking my sims 2 install twice in the same day. I just got all my weird CC (like the CEP) and the game's resolution working again, so I am not bothering to really figure out exactly what broke it or exactly what fixed it.

So in summary: MTS is awesome/helpful and don't add the sims 2 to steam, probably bad ju-ju that one.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 3:11 PM
There are plenty of screenshot programs, no need for Steam. I use Fraps (free) then bulk change the BMP shots it takes in FastStone (also free)

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
There are plenty of screenshot programs, no need for Steam. I use Fraps (free) then bulk change the BMP shots it takes in FastStone (also free)

Well, I already had steam on my computer. I thought it would a nice and easy solution. It wasn't.

I'm messing with installing something else so I don't have to manually paste, crop, and name every print screen. For playing the game, the built-in camera is fine for me, but I need better stuff for uploads to MTS. Anyway, thanks for sharing what you use
Mad Poster
#4 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 5:15 PM
I use FRAPs too, although I take my pictures in PNG format rather than BMP. The only problems I've ever had with it are forgetting to actually run it, so all the screencaps I thought I'd taken were lost, or hitting the wrong hotkey and accidentally winding up with a 20gb video that slowed my system to a crawl.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 6:36 PM
I use Irfanview, but that will only work if you run TS2 in a window.
Instructor
#6 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 8:23 PM
Windows 10 added key combinations to be able to take screenshots in games with Windows itself.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 7:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MattGo74
Windows 10 added key combinations to be able to take screenshots in games with Windows itself.

What key combinations were those?