Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Aug 2019 at 11:41 PM
Default Object Contains Black Splotches
I've never made an object before so talk to me like I'm five on this.

So I created a wall decoration of three tribal masks on blender. When they're loaded into TSRW, the masks look exactly as they're supposed to but when they appear in-game, only a few parts of them show up and the rest of the object is black. I have no idea what went wrong and online searches have turned up no answers. (In the screenshot, the masks aren't against the wall because I didn't put them in the right spot in blender by accident, but that's since been fixed-- the black splotches problem, however, unfortunately remains.)

So to conclude: please help.

----also hope this is posted in the right place. I'm new even to this forum.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 3:44 PM
It cooould be numerous of cases actually. in TSRW you should see a texture field called " Overlay". That's where you'd want to add the tribes texture One thing though, ebcause it will be in the overlay section, you will not be able to recolour it.

If that doesn't work could you include the package file here? I've never actually encountered this bug myself
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Aug 2019 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
It cooould be numerous of cases actually. in TSRW you should see a texture field called " Overlay". That's where you'd want to add the tribes texture One thing though, ebcause it will be in the overlay section, you will not be able to recolour it.

If that doesn't work could you include the package file here? I've never actually encountered this bug myself

So sorry I couldn't reply sooner! The texture is in overlays (I didn't find it necessary to mess with recoloring it so not recoloring it is fine). Here it is in package form.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Tribal_Masks.zip (241.4 KB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 27th Aug 2019 at 2:28 PM
Hiya!

I Looked it over and you did a pretty good job! Although there were a few things that seemed to affect the mesh:

- The mesh was duplicated, which meant that the outerlayered duplication (Does that even make any sense? :P) was showing the texture all screwed up as shown.
- The specular map showed this actual issue, since I guess it's baked? So I deleted the outerlayer and making sure there's only one mesh and baked the specular map for you again and prepared it

So, this shooould do the job! I did re-clone it to be a painting, which is mainly so that you (and if you're thinking of sharing it) can shift it up and down on the wall I also gave it a lovely shadow mesh! If you don't like the shadow mesh you can delete it though I might have gone a liiiitle overboard here.

Anyways here it is!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Tribal_Mask_Redo.zip (220.9 KB, 5 downloads)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Sep 2019 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
Hiya!

I Looked it over and you did a pretty good job! Although there were a few things that seemed to affect the mesh:

- The mesh was duplicated, which meant that the outerlayered duplication (Does that even make any sense? :P) was showing the texture all screwed up as shown.
- The specular map showed this actual issue, since I guess it's baked? So I deleted the outerlayer and making sure there's only one mesh and baked the specular map for you again and prepared it

So, this shooould do the job! I did re-clone it to be a painting, which is mainly so that you (and if you're thinking of sharing it) can shift it up and down on the wall I also gave it a lovely shadow mesh! If you don't like the shadow mesh you can delete it though I might have gone a liiiitle overboard here.

Anyways here it is!

Holy crap, I was worried I'd never be able to get it fixed. It looks great, thank you so much! Now that I know what the problem was, I should hopefully be able to create more masks that work and finish the set.